The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Recoil Stopper? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
I'm sure I have seen and played with them at some point, but until now I have not cared much. What is the difference between the standard stopper on an appearing cane and a recoil stopper? Is anyone familiar with this particular stopper?

Thanks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Never heard of such a thing for metal canes, can I ask what are you referencing?

I am only familar with the stop for the Fantasio one hand Vanishing Cane to Silk invented by James (somebody) out of St. Louis.
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Something like this: http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/stage-a......8170.htm

Several canes from different companies are coming out of Asia.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Oh, I believe by Recoil Stopper, they mean the release catch. New term for the catch that prevent the cane from opening.

At least now we have a term for it, instead of that thing you push with your thumb. Smile
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Is this the type of stopper used in Mahka tendo's appearing canes? Because the reference link looks like a replica to me.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-03-16 18:01, AbsoluteZero wrote:
Is this the type of stopper used in Mahka tendo's appearing canes? Because the reference link looks like a replica to me.

It looks to me to be similar, but with that term, you could also call the gravity catches the same thing.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
James Holmes was the guy with the one handed vanishing cane.

Never heard the spring loaded release called a recoil release. I still never trust the spring loaded one after I ruined a cane one when it did not retract properly. I went back to the old way I did it manually as I always did.

Richard
]
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
@ Peter - I have several Mahko Tendo canes that I use in my act. If you would like, I can send you some photos to let you see what they are like.

Send me a PM and I will get in touch.

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation x 2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Recoil Stopper? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL