The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3 Ball routines (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
I have dug out 'Danny Archers' 3 ball routine - can anyone direct me to similar sources for research purposes Thanks
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Wolds Greatest Magic Fabulous Three Ball Routines. On this DVD you get a David Roth Routine, Johnny Thompson, Dai Vernon and others.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Search Mora, Marlo, Sachs, Scarne, Tilley, Rezvani, Rix, Colombini or just stay with Danny's . The video mentioned above is a good resource. Danny has one really good move that's a real fooler that I use in my routine.
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
I realize that I probably do this too often here, but this video shows the three books I derived my handling from. The routine is just changed enough some might call it original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jq0sIIb3q4
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You might like to check out Johnny Thompson's "Commercial Classics of Magic" Volume 3 for his take on the three-ball routine.

As usual that is a sweet routine Kent! Your H-O work is some of the best I've seen.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Magic_engineer
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, MA
66 Posts

Profile of Magic_engineer
I have been doing David Roth's version of the three ball routine for far many more years than I would like to admit. I fell in love wiith it and tried all the others on the market. It is my - "prove to them I am a Magician" routine. Awkward teenagers trying to dislike everything ar still impressed. I don't think David's is still commercially avaialble, so I would suggest going one step backwards to Dai Vernon's "Three Ball Transposition" from the Dai Vernon Book of Magic - a great book even discounting the three balls and I think is more readily available.

Bill
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I love the L&L DVD concerning this routine. It gave me some great insight. I highly recommend it. I started off with the Stars of Magic and went from there.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
You're right Bill about impressing teens with this. I learned Roth's version from Stars of Magic.
Got the balls from a 25 cent vending machine at the Pizza House. Spent about fourteen bucks to get a matching set.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
I saw an advert for a written exposition of David Roth's routine at the site of the Market Magic Shop of Seattle. (I couldn't find it in the Stars of Magic edition that I have at hand.) And it is listed in the contents for the L&L DVD (which I will also put on my buy list.)
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Vol. 14, Live in London (bundled with Vol. 15, Live in Philadelphia).
That is Stars of Magic DVD #9. Oy.
-Charles Schulz
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Got it. Thanks!
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Thanks for the pointers - L&L it is I think
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Awesome routine Kent! The HO is a very special tool for me as well. I never thought of using it that way! Oh, and isn't the trick called, "Two Balls, One To Pocket"? Or am I thinking of something else?

Doug
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2012-03-23 19:12, Magic_engineer wrote:
I don't think David's is still commercially avaialble, so I would suggest going one step backwards to Dai Vernon's "Three Ball Transposition" from the Dai Vernon Book of Magic - a great book even discounting the three balls and I think is more readily available.

Bill

The David Roth version is my favorite too, but I would also look into the Johnny Thompson version if you can find it. Both are the ones that I use.

The Roth routine is still commercially available these days and it even comes with the balls! Find it here:

http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/roth.htm - 7th item down on the page.

That aside, the Dai Vernon Book of Magic contains a lifetime worth of great material, the least of which is not the 3 Ball Trick. Even if you did buy a great commercial version, this book is still more than worth having in your collection!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2012-03-24 04:50, jazzy snazzy wrote:
You're right Bill about impressing teens with this. I learned Roth's version from Stars of Magic.
Got the balls from a 25 cent vending machine at the Pizza House. Spent about fourteen bucks to get a matching set.

Interestingly, if you go to a party supply place, such as Party City, you can usually get the right balls for about a quarter each. You can save a lot of change that way.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
I discovered that much too late.
Yes, those are perfect.
-Charles Schulz
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Frank Garcia
Romaine
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Fakini balls a very hard to beat for just about any routine.
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I second that opinion on the Fakini products. $12 for five is not so bad and the gripping and pop-up abilities are terrific.
Rolf Reiner
View Profile
Loyal user
Mallorca - Spain
229 Posts

Profile of Rolf Reiner
There is also a routine in this DVD, with some twists, but I have not seen it:
Best Stand Up Routines by John Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3 Ball routines (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL