The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ninja + (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I saw this on the Wizard Product review and was very impressed. Does anyone have hands on experience with this effect?
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
I have it. It's pretty good. I haven't used it on a real audience just beacuase I didn't work on it much then put it in a drawer and forgot about it. I went off on a cups tangent (binge?) after buyin them. The ringsjust barely match the ninja rings, they are of a little bit smaller guage. The finger ring is not a jewelry masterpiece but not so much that anyone would really question it. In general, a great idea with useable props.

I might just dig them out and work something up, now that you've remined me of them.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

I was really taken back by the demo and subsequent review on WPR. It looked like it could be strong walk around magic. I just may work on this as well.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
I am learning Ninja+ now. It is brilliant visual magic at its best. Very practical and commercial, and the rings can be handed out for inspection during the routine. A bonus for me is that the finger ring is a good match for my wedding band!

Mike
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
You need the deluxe set to perform the finger ring routine, right?
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

You just need the standard Ninja+ set. This can be ordered direct from Matthew's website

http://www.ninjaplus.com

Mike
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
I just picked this up and really like it. It will require some real practice time, and some routining to get it good. The only thing I wish is that it came with a single solid ring as well. I will have to see about ordering one.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Scott,

I agree that would be a great addiction. Are you going directly to the creator of the trick to seek out an additional ring?

Mark
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Yes. Now he does sell a set of 4 linking rings seperate, to do more traditional "Ninja Rings" effects, but I really only want one.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

I recommend the four-ring Ninja set that Matthew also sells. These are a very good match to the Ninja+ set, although the diameter of the rings is slightly different (this will not be noticed by the spectator).

On the Ninja+ DVDs Matthew demonstrates how the Ninja set can be used to make a very effective intro to the Ninja+ routine. Also, of course, you can then learn Shoot Ogawa's Ninja routine.

Mike
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Unfortunately those rings aren't as nice as the real ninja rings.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I think this is a great effect and really fun to play around with. It looks like magic should look.....
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lukecloughmagic
I met Matthew at a meet up we had in London last month, and he was a fantastically nice guy! He took time out to show us his ninja+, and taught us the basic moves even if we hadn't bought it, he wanted to make sure everyone could see how simple yet effective it is! Here is a quick clip to a fun little move he did on the day.... I don;t you can get much more close up than this!!!! Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDQmJCibGE
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
I have noticed that the finger ring looses its silverness very quickly if you have to practice a lot like I have been doing, so it maybe worth getting a second finger ring to use as a performance only ring.

My finger ring and the one on ninja+ are very different in look now.

Just an observation !

Regards
Dr Rob.
Ryan Bliss
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Ryan Bliss
I had the privilege of meeting Matthew Garrett after the 4F convention. Not only that but I got to see him fry some laymen with it. Its really as good as the hype says it is. Matthew is a super good teacher.....cause he was one.......and is a super nice guy. I love ninja plus.
Kane Mouri
View Profile
New user
Tokyo
53 Posts

Profile of Kane Mouri
Regardless of there only being vague options for ring sizes on his homepage, if you ask Matthew he'll send you specific sized rings.
Ryan Bliss
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Ryan Bliss
I would however recomend that you buy the deluxe version because the ring that I recieved is Chrome plated Nickel, So you get the green finger problem that you don't get with the deluxe version. However, the effect itself is amazing.
Kane Mouri
View Profile
New user
Tokyo
53 Posts

Profile of Kane Mouri
Ryan, where does he sell the deluxe version?
steveoblair
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steveoblair
I have done the normal ninja rings for ages and ninja+ is on my to get list.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ninja + (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL