The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Night out with the ladies I may update this effect.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I am looking to update this trick with modern day images. I really never liked the white back design. What kind of back back design would you like to see on this effect. There are many free back designs on the internet. Here is a demo of the effect if you don't know what it is. The photos on this effect are outdated. The person that gives me the winning back design will be credited and will receive this for free when I have them printed. What I also would like to know if you would be interested in this if I did have them printed? Also it will not be called night out with the ladies so a new name is needed. I already have a couple of thoughts. What would be a good name and if yours is used you will also be credited and get a free set if I decide to print them. Also I am going to use head and shoulder shots and not bathing suits on the cards.Thanks for the input and here is the demo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ1139cYm1k
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
The rights for the following effects are now owned by Geno Munari Houdini Magic in America. A Night Out With The Girls, Every Inch A Lady and One For The Ladies. As for the down under deal force and the she loves me or loves me not patter, this was originally written in the instructions for me by Stephen Tucker.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
The plain white back design makes sense because they're meant to be little photos ...

It's not meant to be a card trick, the cards shouldn't have a back design on them.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I'm sorry but this just isn't very convincing to me.

Couldn't you do a much cleaner routine using a st***y card?

Or even better something like Bill Abbott's Smart *** principle.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I agree David. The "shuffle" is no shuffle and the selection process is obviously a process and not a choice at all.

But, I think it is intended more as a Gag than a magic trick. It's all about the risque pictures and the surprise ending.

I wouldn't be comfortable performing it and I think it's increasingly less acceptable but I'm sure it still gets big laughs for the right crowd.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Yes, but why not make it more fair and magical when it's so easily achievable?

Imagine a version of this performed like Diceman with a die choosing the girl.

Now add MD into the mix and have the die rolled whilst your back is turned! Smile
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've always LOVED this effect, I have all the ones Tony made, as well as one that utilizes food pics (color art) climaxing with a "guest check/ticket". I believe this was made by Jeff Bibik. Somebody needs to make up a new photo version with more recent pics...and I think the blank white backs are good, since they're just supposed to be photographs.

Steve
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
The demo did not seem to be a real demo because he really didn't perform it and virtually exposed every 'move' along the way. I actually 'performed' demonstrated this over the counter in my shop about a billion times and sold tons of them. I can tell you if you just DO the thing, it plays great and fools and surprised folks. But, you can' slowly show them you are 'shuffling', you have to just rip through a single card run, etc.

I honestly do not believe that Steve actually performs the trick in the manner shown in the video.

Kudo's to Mr. Curtis for one a truly fun trick to do and, well, sell!

Best,
Brad Burt
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I give the girls all names as they're initially shown, and I would NEVER do the "shuffle" as the video shows. I also say, "OH...how'd that picture of my grandma get in there!...she sneaks it in sometimes, so I had to take the phone number off the back of the picture!". Every version of this is great in the right situation.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Night out with the ladies I may update this effect.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL