The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Navigating through pages of posts » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

richapo
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of richapo
I read the answer to a previous question on how to navigate to a particular page whout having to 'click' to it starting from the beginning or the end of the page numbers on the bottom. When I tack onto the end of the string in the address bar with &START=, it goes to the current page no matter what number I put after =. I use Internet Explorer, but the same thing happens using Firefox. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
richapo
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Richapo, you need to go to page 2 of the post. The address bar will end with 30. There are 30 posts per page so if you wanted to go to page 10 for example, change the number from 30 to 290. That will put you on page 10 of that topic.
Where the magic begins
richapo
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of richapo
Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Once I'm within a topic it isn't a problem. Here's my dilema that I don't think I explained clearly enough. Here's my specific example. I am currently in the 'Nothing up my sleeve...' part of the forum. I spend time each day looking through the threads. There are currently 289 'pages' of topics. I have started at page 289 ( Go to page (Previous) 1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ... 269 ~ 270 ~ 271 ... 287 ~ 288 ~ 289 (Next)) and am working back towards page 1. If I stop at say page 250 and come back the next day, to get to page 249 I have to start at page 269 (Go to page (Previous) 1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ... 269 ~ 270 ~ 271 ... 287 ~ 288 ~ 289 (Next)) , click on that page abd then do it again for 268 etc. until I get to page 250. Is there a way to skip directly to the page that I want?I've seen other forums where there is a box and you put ib the page number that you want.

Thanks,
richapo
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Yes, since you know what page you want to see, just multiply that page, (in this example you wanted page 250,)times 30 (7500). In the example, when you go to the topic, you see page number 1,2,3...287,288,289 listed. Click on any page other than 1 and change the number in the address line to 7500 and enter and you'll be looking at page 250. If you wanted page 125, change the number to 3750 and you'll be on page 125
Where the magic begins
richapo
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of richapo
Dave,
That did it! Thanks a million for your help,

richapo
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You're welcome
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Navigating through pages of posts » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL