The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Get a free copy of the 2012 US Magician Salary Survey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I was actually being serious though about the value of a show. If you want to see what others charge just out of curiosity then cool. But to think that what one person charges (Or in this case SAYS they charge.) has any impact on YOUR value is ridiculous.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Danny - perhaps from your vantage point it makes no sense because you are well established in your market and found your price point over the years. For someone less established, this information provides general guidelines on market values in various markets. In addition, of course what others charge has an impact on what I charge. That is what the concept of open markets is based on.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Car dealers can tell you exactly what the other cars are selling for.

Most all large corporations have spies.

Even small food stores check each other's prices.

Turn your eye on the competition and they will eat you alive.

Andy, Thanks for sharing the report. Well done.

Tom
amakar
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of amakar
Thanks for all the comments.

I've received a lot of good feedback from the participants and I'm glad its generated interest.

Establishing benchmarks, understanding the market and data driven decision making is important in any business.
Businesses establish price points for their products and services based on what a given market will tolerate. For a business owner interested in moving into a new market, survey data helps to determine entry price points for the market. All of this equates directly to help position your product or service to a customer.

I'd digress into a Deming cycle of Plan-Do-Check-Act for improvement here but these topics are a little heavy for a magic discussion board Smile
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Andy,

Thanks! Nice job on the survey and report.

Dan.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Quote:
On 2012-05-20 14:10, Al Angello wrote:
Mike
I make $600,000 a year. Now you can shoot for that number.

(ALL MAGICIANS LIE)

I'm a race car driver.
amakar
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of amakar
Its been a while since I revisited this thread. The majority of you should have received your free copy especially if you contributed to the survey.

I've also published the survey on Amazon in case you missed the chance to get it.

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Magic......0F8RGGFI

More importantly, is there an interest in running the survey again for 2013?

Andy
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I'd be interested, but I never got my original copy and I can't buy the one on Amazon because I don't have a Kindle.
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
amakar
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of amakar
Hi -

You an actually read the report using read.amazon.com

What was your name and email that you submitted in the survey?

If you were a survey participant, I had emailed it out to everyone who contributed.

Andy
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Quote:
On 2013-09-18 18:44, amakar wrote:
Hi -

You an actually read the report using read.amazon.com

What was your name and email that you submitted in the survey?

If you were a survey participant, I had emailed it out to everyone who contributed.

Andy

I think I participated. I would be under Charlie Fass (Mister Illusion) c.fass@surewest.net. If I did not, I don't mind purchasing a copy on Amazon (other than Kindle)
Thanks, Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Get a free copy of the 2012 US Magician Salary Survey (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL