The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Source to Learn This Wand Move (From Tommy Wonder Cups and Balls) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Dear all:

With reference to the link below, at the initial stage where the wand is to be introduced, there is a part showing the wand seemingly has life on its own by trying to jump out from the cloth bag.

Would appreciate if someone could indicate where could one learn such wand move, or if gimmick is involved, where could one purchase such gimmick.

Thank you

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9elYA5jYxTM
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
I don't know how it was done but think about it. I am sure something will spring to mind. It did for me.
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Hi, Look at the silver scepter from practical magic uk. Succes.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
When I read the question and watched the clip I thought "you're kidding right?" Then it hit me that not everyone knew about the self-rising wand aka, "Silver scepter". it seems to be a staple of kid-show performers. At one time most high end magic kits had a plastic black and white (magic wand look) version with no bag. The bag is pretty much key to taking the self-rising wand from a magic box trick to a real mystery. It is pretty much a self-working prop and as you can see from Tommy Wonder's use can be a nice interlude in a longer routine.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Never heard of the silver scepter but give me a bag, a wand and one other gizmo and I think I could make one.

Danny
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
The silver scepter is a great bit of biz,a good weight for tapping cups and a good wand for spinning as well
and at $20 it is within reach of everyone.
My first one lasted about a year before breaking.
After reading this thread I think I will buy another one .
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
My reaction was more, "Out of eight minutes of terrific magic, the rising wand is the thing that makes you curious?" But that's just me--I loved watching the whole thing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Source to Learn This Wand Move (From Tommy Wonder Cups and Balls) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL