The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » One Hand Riffle Shuffle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
After years of procrastination I am finally learning the OHRS but I'm having a little difficulty achieving an even weave without "clumps". Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Any instruction would be greatly appreciated(the more dtails the better). If this has been addressed elsewhere, show me the way. TY
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
If you are signed up to magicvideodepot.com they have a tutorial on this. Art of Card Manipulation 3 has this on there.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Using a new deck generally helps a lot. Also, when the two packets are split, they should be square, not messed all around. They should be squared firmly against each other like when you do a faro shuffle - when you do a faro shuffle, the two halves should be square. Doing the one-handed riffle shuffle is basically the same except that you're doing it with one hand. With all this in mind, the halves should weave extremely easily together. Don't put a lot of pressure on the two packets, i.e. don't squeeze them against each other in the hope that the cards will weave - they will probably just bow against each other. The lightest but firm pressure will do. Once the weaving part is done (it's the hardest part after getting the two halves into their respective positions), the rest is easy.

Hope that helps,
CLJ
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Quote:
On 2003-09-30 08:12, djvirtualreality wrote:
If you are signed up to magicvideodepot.com they have a tutorial on this. Art of Card Manipulation 3 has this on there.

djvirtualreality, yo, long time man, go visit my paper: http://cheaterscheater.com

Take care buddy,
Bone. Smile
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
It's on jeff McBrides art of card manipulation volume 3 but I type it in on a search engine and it came up with a few pages with instructions Smile
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
It helps if the packets have a sleight downward bend, similar to the bend in a lepaul spread. otherwise, it's all practice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » One Hand Riffle Shuffle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL