The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fantastic Pics. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The facebook Fairground appreciation group set up by Alan Ford has really been a hit. The pics which have been posted truly show the UK Fairground spirit and bring back oh so many memories to me both sad and happy !!!

The latest one shows a showline complete with Wall of Death, Snake Girl Show and me on the end,,,all shouting shows which were in competition with each other but also fed off of each other. I believe Dr Death with his Chamber of Horrors was also in the line up but not in this pic.

A little bit of Fairground History saved for prosperity,,,keep up the good works.

Ken.
jay kirwan
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
107 Posts

Profile of jay kirwan
Absolutely Ken, I agree. While it is great to see photos of

how it used to be, it is a sad thought that those days are gone.

Having said that, pages such as the Fairground Appreciation page

assure me that I am not alone!

Was that Tommy Messhams wall in that photo? I worked next to his

show in Funderland back in the mid 70's.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
It was Allen Fords WOD he who has started the appreciation group. Worked for many seasons with them, Betty Allen, Dr Death, The U go 2 Rocket and so many more now vanished from memory.

Wish I had had the insight to record those days in film and text but back then it was just a job and a way to survive.

Now look at us,,,Allen lives on a canal boat, Dr Death deals in rubbish (Reckons he makes more from this than his show did !!!) I have just opened a Magic and Joke Shop,,,,who knows what the future holds for any of us.

Thinking back, would I have gone the same route again !!! Yep,,,I think it would have been a toss up of three vocations,,,The Showlife, Selling drugs to kids or becoming a prostitute.

Ken.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
A link would be nice..... there seems to be a missing one.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Lurchenstien
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
49 Posts

Profile of Lurchenstien
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Well, thank you. Now what is a "Face-book"?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Lurchenstien
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
49 Posts

Profile of Lurchenstien
Imagine something as !@#$%y as this place, only more useless and mundane things posted and with more pictures, and you're part way there.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Oh, like MySpace! My space is in my basement. George Lucas made space in a basement too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fantastic Pics. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL