The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Ol' Daff Invented a packet Trick! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Hey guys, I invented a packet effect. Actually, I have been sitting on this for a few years. I named it "Marilyn." (Real, creative, I know) Anyway, if ya'll can think of a better name, I need suggestions.

Here is the link. Now bear in mind, this is definitely not a professional demo, by any means. This is just something I threw together at home with my daughter filming. I simply don't have the money for professional demos. Besides, I'm not selling the effect, at least not yet. I tried a couple times, but I was not able to get any interest, still, I think the effect is pretty good, but I am biased, since it's my effect.

Maybe if I get positive response from the forum, I might once again consider trying to find a marketer. I'm just opening up the link so that you guys, who love packet effects can watch and give me feedback. Say either one of two things. Say "Doug, that trick sucks", or say, "Doug, it's fabulous!"

But seriously, I truly would appreciate honest feedback, and maybe a few kind words, if there are any. Perhaps a word of encouragement.

So again, Here is the link: http://youtu.be/kwa46PiZ9Q8

OK fellas, it's in your hands.

Daff
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
It's a private video which means we can't see it. Change the setting to Unlisted. That way it's not available to the general public but people with a link can watch it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I just went in and changed it. I thought I had done that the first time, but I guess I screwed it up.

Posted: May 12, 2012 8:26am
I sure hope you guys will give me feedback on the effect.

Oh! BTW, I have another channel on Ytube, where I do nothing but cartoon voices. My range is pretty good. Trying to make Mel Blanc proud. You can find it by going to Ytube, and typing in "cartoonvoicesguy" in the search bar. Let me know what you think. I'm trying to post a new voice daily, now that my subscribers are starting to increase.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Like your voices ever do a card trick using the voices?

Best
Leo Jr
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I used to do entire magic shows (stage shows, stand up) incorporating the cartoon voices. But not too much in the area of close-up.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Good job Daf, I really liked the voices. Card trick was entertaining as well.
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
I have two criticisms. First off, the patter didn't really do a lot for me. Story tricks usually fail because it becomes obvious that the story is a cover for the trick. In something like Sam the Bellhop, the story DRIVES the trick. If you do want to stick with this story, maybe give some REAL info about the famous actress. I've found that if you teach somebody a fact they didn't know (or an elaborate lie), they're willing to buy into a little more flim-flam.

The other "issue," I guess you could say I have is...this looks very similar to the Rainbow Cascade effect. I'm not sure if the handling is the same (I couldn't follow which moves you were using, etc), but from a spectator's point of view the twisting phase in the beginning looks pretty similar. That one also has an "all 4 change" ending as well.

I think if I had a suggestion it would be to either make the story "matter" more (which might be as simple as changing the topic and fitting it into different picture cards) or find something that makes the trick outwardly different from Rainbow Cascade.

These are of course my own opinions, so take them for what they're worth Smile
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I've not heard of the rainbow cascade. But I'd appreciate a link. Is there a link? As far as patter, yup, I think I could probably use a lot of improvement on that, as you said. Problem is my cards are 650 miles away from me.
Quote:
On 2012-05-30 10:01, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Good job Daf, I really liked the voices. Card trick was entertaining as well.

Thanks! Maybe my cartoon voices are my ace in the hole.
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Here ya go for rainbow cascade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7khphXI-naE
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thank- you!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Doug, thanks for sharing!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You're welcome!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Cool, I like the effect there, well done for being inventive.
zmg013
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of zmg013
Decent idea. The problem is re-gripping the cards for every display. If you could keep your hands the same for each count, the trick would have more fluidity.
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Good job!!!!
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thank-you! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Ol' Daff Invented a packet Trick! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL