The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Humbling World of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

epsilon97
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of epsilon97
Last week I started a thread about how delighted I was that my eight year old daughter loved my 8 Card Brainwave and Chicago Opener trick. I was really feeling good about my magic. Today, not so much. I performed some magic for my six year old son, and then he said, "Daddy, maybe you need to watch those DVDs some more." Ouch.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Smile
Well then you better watch them DVDs some more and practice a little more too. Out of the mouths of babes!!!
Thanks for the laugh !!
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Pengnome
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Pengnome
Children are very honest.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
"You've got it up your sleeve" is common for children to say. It's amazing you managed to delight your 8 year old, yet couldn't fool your 6 year old. Keep practicing (preferably in front of a mirror) and you will be amazed!

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
Pay no attention to him, he just jealous! ;0)
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Albatros
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
132 Posts

Profile of Albatros
Just to be sure to remember his lines next time he cant solve his math homework Smile All kidding beside, kids have a refreshing and ever so cruel tendency to be honest - and they usually find the worst angle possible for watching lol

All the best,
Sven ^^
"Palming cards... Like sex, it can be learned by almost anybody,but doing it well requires some native talent and assiduous practice." (John Scarne)
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
You really want humble? Check out my now favorite video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rJSmcgJ_wA
Brad Burt
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
One of my reasons for not doing kid shows. With five kids and a bunch of grand kids smarter than me, there's no hope. School shows on a stage I could get away with things, up close and personal, forgetit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Humbling World of Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL