The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trauma By Rus Andrews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Here is another great release from Russ Andrews.

‘Trauma’ is a blank card effect with a crazy, twist ending.
Imagine showing a spectator four blank cards.
One of these cards is placed away in a back pocket by the spectator.
You then ask the spectator to imagine that these four, blank cards were Queens, for example, and then to name which Queen appeals to them the most.
After a moment, the three remaining blank cards are shown to have changed into three Queens; except the one card chosen by the spectator.
The spectator now removes the blank card from their pocket to find that it has changed into their named selection.

You receive
- A DVD with full explanations
- Cards needed to perform ‘Trauma’.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
I like the sound of this one!

Like B'Wave except a better twist and outcome! Can't wait for some reviews.. I'd also like to see it live before making any decisions of course. I'm always a sucker when it comes to card magic.

-Brandon
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi Brandon

Glad you like the look of this, I performed this many many times at the Bristol one day convention just gone, gets great reactions everytime.

All the best

R
Nicko
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Nicko
Trauma is simply deceptive!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
When is it being released?!
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On 2012-05-17 07:48, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
Hi Brandon

Glad you like the look of this, I performed this many many times at the Bristol one day convention just gone, gets great reactions everytime.

All the best

R

I know its simply impossible to have a demo video of such an effect, and that's hard to have trailers when it comes to Mentalism effects; but Im just curious about this. When is the release/pre-order? if not already going on...
Nicko
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Nicko
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks Nicko, glad you like the effect.

This is a great little effect you can keep in ya wallet, I've never really played with packet effects, I came up with this, performed it several times, realised its a strong effect and have been using it since.

All the best

R
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Kindly given a review copy by Rus for this.

Like Rus above, packet tricks are usually something I learn then put away or pull out in a full magic environment but I can see myself doing this.

Effect: To the point, fun to perform and easy to do (if you can cope with a couple of little processes)
Content: EVERY aspect of this is covered, in a good order, props before method, coving some aspects if you are unfamiliar with them so everyone is dealt with here, pretty much beginners could cope with this
Production: Excellent, very well produced and everyone is clear and easy to follow
Learning: Able to work it through on first watch given the clear layout of the content

Will I use it: this is highly likely to fit into a routine, don't need to carry much (can begin with a normal deck pretty much) - if packet tricks are for you this is a winner

only thing that came up in my mind was to do with the ending where I can imagine things not finishing as smoothly as they do in the options covered but with simple effect management this shouldn't be an issue

Simple, fun, easy to perform and well produced. This won't become my number one effect but it is highly enjoyable and well worth the asking price, you will be doing this in no time and having fun doing it!

thanks Rus
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
The quality of the DVD(sound, picture,& explanation)are excelent.

This effect has been done before by others. However in Rus's version, there is a extra element to this where the "thought of card" materialises in the pocket of the spectator and they know it was blank because they put it there.

The routining is very simple and natural and every move flows and is justified.Watching the performance it doesn't seem like the performer is rushing through a set amount of sleight of hand moves to get to the end of the effect. Instead it's just 4 blank cards being shown and then BANG ! What the.......The card in the pocket has somehow changed into a thought of card and the rest have also changed.

Very good Rus.

Mike Donoghue
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
You are spot on Mike!
The is a stroller / workers dream!!
I love the spectators choice of card appearing where the previously blank card was put in there own pocket!!
All the displays and moves are justified, there is no counting cards just for the sake of counting cards etc.
Rus has stripped back the effect , so it couldn't be any more simple and yet so strong at the same time!!
Magictao have done another fantastic job on the production of the DVD too.
Keep up the good work Rus, I wish you all the best with your other current releases.
Matt
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Dammmnnn, another good one comes up, very tempted to get this too.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
This is now available and shipping - http://www.magictao.co.uk/Trauma-by-Rus-Andrews
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Am I missing something here? I just watched the demo and thought the method to be quite obvious... and ouch, for $30 as well.
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The trick on the demo looked like real magic. But that demo is really a best case scenario, correct? People new to magic might think 10 out of 10 times, the spec can name any queen after they place it in their pocket.

In the demo the card is placed face down in the spec's hand and he's asked to place it in his pocket. Done as it is in the demo, there is NO WAY they won't look at the face of the card.

Russ, is the person in the demo known to you? Who is he? His actions when putting the card into his pocket was VERY magician friendly. At 1:11 as he goes to put the card away with his right hand, his left hand comes over to 'shield" the card from his own view. lol.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
If you don't feel comfortable asking them to put it in their pocket, just place it on the table and put a glass over it.

Best
Sean
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-05-29 11:34, Sean Giles wrote:
If you don't feel comfortable asking them to put it in their pocket, just place it on the table and put a glass over it.

Best
Sean

That's a good way and in their pocket is great, but that will require some spec. management, which is also fine. I'm going by the demo and calling attention that doing it that way, you'll get busted. The spec. in the demo was doing their own management. lol. I'd like to know if his choice of what queen to name was done "pre-show". That works great also, but the demo shows a miracle that won't happen without some work before.

Just looking for some honest answers from the creator so everyone knows what's going on before ordering.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Its difficult to say much without tipping the method but there is no pre-show and the method is 100%.

Best
Sean
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Hi all,

I'm on the verge of buying this effect. Couple of questions.

Will the card the performer removes and puts aside ALWAYS match the card that the spectator names?

Is the performance as shown in the demo IDENTICAL regardless of what card the spectator names? What I mean by that in the demo the spectator named the "Queen of Diamonds", removed the card from their pocket and saw it to be the "Queen of Diamonds". If they had named the "Queen of Hearts" would they have removed the card from their pocket to saw the "Queen of Hearts".

Regards,

Laurence.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Not Identical, same result (pretty much) hard to say any more without tipping something

I still wasn't sure about the logic of a selection at times but it will work
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trauma By Rus Andrews (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL