The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Doomsday Gathering 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
What a splendid, packed weekend. Again. 2.5 days of performance, workshops, ideas, dealer demos/talks and booze.

Seriously, if you're in bizarre magic, you should make the pilgrimage next year. It's at Sneaton Castle, Whitby on the weekend of 10th May 2013. The Gathering is dirt cheap, as is accommodation at the castle (food is included). If you're driving, it's easy to get to (M1/A170/A171); if you're coming in on the train, it's very scenic, and if you're flying in it's even easier. You can even go nun spotting at lunchtime...

Much love to Roni and Larraine for organising such a great event.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
I had a great time! I haven't laughed so much in a long time. I drank sherry, witnessed a voodoo dance, and tried to force a tarot reading on a group of ladies attending a Christian leadership course. Life gets no better!

And where else could you be driving a car while Luke Jermay and Sheila Lyon sit in the back complaining about eating mushy peas!?
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
I will stick my head out of the shadows a bit here too to thank Roni and Laraine for organising such a splendid event. Everything that Paul and Tomo says is spot on, and lots more. The thing that really impressed me about the weekend was that it was absolutely devoid of idiots, or people with ego problems. It did not matter one jot if you were an international superstar (and Luke was fantastic and such a nice guy too!) or just a guy with a worn out rubber bat, everyone was was an equal - no one had anything to prove, everyone was just intent on sharing ideas and having a good time.
For me it was wonderful to meet all the people I admire and leave admiring them so much more.
If only all gatherings of magicians could be this good huh?
Here's another hug big fella, and a big sloppy kiss on the palm for you too Laraine.
Great times!

(hope someone posts a full review of the weekend)
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Stunning event as ever and in my view better than last year. The Spartan and soporific surroundings added to the feeling. Creators showed off some amazing work and the whole event was very relaxed, funny, intense, and hugely enjoyable.

Senor Oro was on good form and I really enjoyed his amazing Uke playing. Paul V did something that should win him the 1,000,000 Randi prize (take note folks, it really was that good)..and Luke Jermay was simply stunning, what an incredible performance and so many layers of thinking that I lost count!

Roni and Laraine were fabulous hosts and it was so great to make new friends and meet old ones. Special thanks to Prof BC, who was a true gentleman and a delight to meet. Kindred souls indeed.

12 May roll on!

Dr Todd
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2012-05-21 11:03, DrTodd wrote:
Paul V did something that should win him the 1,000,000 Randi prize (take note folks, it really was that good)

Aw shucks, t'ain't nothing.

And as I mentioned on Saturday night Dr. Todd, your spot was most excellent also. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Agreed, even though he got a good laugh at my expense!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Thanks Paul!...sorry Tomo ;-)
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Nah, it's all about the funny!
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
One person I think deserves massive praise and thanks is Michael Diamond, being stage hand, sound guy, PA tech, compere and performer.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
It was a great weekend. So many highlights. Sadly only caught the end of Shelia's talk, but what I caught was excellent. Tomo and Dan's demonstrations of their props were fascinating and great to see props out of my price range. I look forward to seeing the future developments around the technology used in the lodge spirit galvanometer. Prof BC showed the power of such a small prop. Great to see him perform, took a lot away from that. Chris and Todd's talk was very interesting. It was nice to see that even though Chris was covering controversial ground it was very well received. It was especially nice hearing other peoples thoughts afterwards and seeing there were like minded people wanting to push magic forward beyond a trick. The close up involved the superb Voodoo dance. I enjoyed Walt's routines. I do like Walt's humour. It was nice seeing Steve performing having known him online and through his books. The evening show had some superb performances. Loved Todd's routine, superb theme, very entertaining. Luke finishing off the night was excellent. I've seen Luke do pretty much the same set before, but Saturdays performance of it was probably the best I've seen him do it yet. I've come away with a great enthusiasm for getting on with things I've been meaning to sort for ages.
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Hi Friends of Darkness Smile
Thank you for your great comments and blessings for Laraine and I. We loved having you all in Whitby and believe it or not we have already sold 60% of the tickets for DOOMSDAY 2013! The dates are 10th 11th and 12th of May 2013.
We are already working on it and it's begining to look good. Oue own Madelon is writing a complete report to be ready in a few days and we will post here also for all of you to enjoy. If you want to buy a ticket I suggest you will do it ASAP as things are moving fast!
More shortly
Roni
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Well done Roni and Laraine! Lovely to see you again, and thanks for all your hard work. Thanks also to Madelon for her hard work and the wonderful Dr. Diablo (Michael Diamond). I'm just glad I didn't have to go on after him! A hard act to follow! Smile
www.readerofminds.co.uk
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Being of a squeemish nature, I had to avert my gaze as Dr Diablo stuck a needle through his neck...I feel ill just writing these words...but I still loved the performance...I kept thinking 'Clockwork Orange' while watching him...you can see so many years of experience..

Josh gets the prize for psychic powers! (and many thanks for your kind words about my performance, which will be published later this year)

Look forward to The Servante's report Smile

Congratulations Roni on the demand for next year, amazing interest in what you are doing and such a jampacked event. Looking forward to next year already!

Dr T
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Congrats Roni! I'm pleased it was a great success.
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
637 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Without a doubt, the most relaxed and friendly magical gathering that I have had the pleasure to attend.

Thank you to all for a great weekend and I hope you enjoyed your fish and chips last night Roni!
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Hi Alan,
The fish and chips restaurant was closed! We ended up across the road from you at Florios Smile
Roni
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
A full report about Doomsday will shortly be published here for you all to enjoy.
Roni
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Doomsday Gathering 2012 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL