The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JMagi
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of JMagi
I have another question.

After going to a meeting a my local (or at least most local) IBM ring, I realize that seeing a sleight done is a lot different and better in ways than reading about it.

For card magic, are there any videos like Royal Road is to cards and Bobo is to coins in the book world?

Esp. the double lift. I'd like to see a video that covers more than one way of doing this as well as showing other card sleights. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
JMagi

P.S. I was at the Ring 280 in Santa Clarita. There were a few there that said they used this forum, except I forget who it was. Just wondering if anyone was reading this from Ring 280.
CardTrix
View Profile
New user
Springfield, IL
52 Posts

Profile of CardTrix
Check out Greg Wilson's "Double Take" video. It is nothing but various methods of the double lift, also Daryl's ambitious card video has quite a few variations of the double lift.

Also, I recommend the Encyclopedia of Card Sleights by Daryl. All 8 volumes. teaches numerous sleights.
Earl
View Profile
New user
Paris
17 Posts

Profile of Earl
Multiple lifts are presented on volume 5 of Daryl's series, as well as other many sleights...

If you can afford, go for it, it's worth value.

Earl.
Risto L.
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
174 Posts

Profile of Risto L.
You may also want to check out Allan Ackerman's Advanced Card Control Video Series. They are pretty boring to watch but you will see tons of sleights demonstrated and taught.

Best wishes

Risto
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
186 Posts

Profile of preston91
I found Richard Kaufmans' "Basic Basic Card Technique" to be very good at covering the ,, well,,,,basics! no tricks just slights, most of them a least 2 examples
sure helped me get going with cards...

Paul
Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
Agree with paul! Richard Kaufman's video is good for beginners. Check it out! Smile
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
MarkAllison
View Profile
New user
Hemel Hempstead, England
53 Posts

Profile of MarkAllison
I would agree with the suggestions for Richard Kaufman's and Allan Ackerman's videos.

Also if you're looking for a good series of tricks, Michael Ammar's Easy To Master Card Miracles series is well worth a look.

Cheers

Mark
redpepps
View Profile
New user
England
8 Posts

Profile of redpepps
Some of my first buys were the Ammar videos, 1,2,3 of card and coin magic. some great effects which are varied in technique and give great results. some very easy and some requiring a little practice. They dont go into detail so much as to double lifts but u don't need to. A good trick is more powerful! u can't go wrong with these tapes. Smile
P T Flea
View Profile
Regular user
Engelfield Green, nr Staines - innit
194 Posts

Profile of P T Flea
I own Regal's 3 DVD series.

There is a lot of great material on there, a lot of which regularly fools other magicians.

I have come on a lot since I bought these, there are a lot of sleights taught on there, although it is quite a steep learning curve if you are a beginner. If you are looking for a video/dvd on sleights alone then this isn't for you. If you want to learn some sleights and their applications, there are some great tricks on these dvds!

PT
Smile
Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from
bad judgement.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
For learning the sleights you cannot wrong with the Richard Kaufman vid. Double Take only covers the double lift .
Magic is Everywhere
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
For card sleights dvd:
Daryl's encyclopedia of card sleights
Richard Kaufman Basic Card Techinique

For especially on DL, I think Greg Wilson's DVD double take is good

Allan ackerman's dvd are kinda advance if you are a beginner. If not then go for it as there are many good stuff in there.

for Coin Sleights:
Michael Rubinstein's encyclopedia of coin sleights
Michael Ammar's intro to coin magic

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Quote:
On 2002-05-26 04:33, P T Flea wrote:
I own Regal's 3 DVD series.

There is a lot of great material on there, a lot of which regularly fools other magicians.

I have come on a lot since I bought these, there are a lot of sleights taught on there, although it is quite a steep learning curve if you are a beginner. If you are looking for a video/dvd on sleights alone then this isn't for you. If you want

to learn some sleights and their applications, there are some great tricks on these dvds!

PT
Smile

I have one DVD and I was not impressed. Maybe because I don't like gaffed tricks specially with Roughing Fluid.

It's just me.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
I haven't liked enough roughing tricks apart for invisible deck.
Mitchum
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Mitchum
Brad Burt also has two videos (Small Packet Basics and Advanced Small Packet Sleight) that will help you with your double lifts and other sleights.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Videos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL