The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Ideas to recycle used Playing cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Save them and make your own Rainbow Deck. Also, with all of those cards you could do Nick Trost's Rainbow Miracle or Lennart Green's "variant" Stolen Cards.
bidbid
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of bidbid
What Vald said, also I use them for packet tricks like the royal scam.
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Thanks again Guys!!!

Vlad, I must admit that I'm very impressed about your knowledge in magic. I read many threads here in the Magic Café since the last years and you always have something very interesting to tell or add to a thread. I really appreciate all the insights and references that you gave us. But may I ask you a question ? How many magic books do you own or have read in your life ? And you probably have a very good memory to retain everthing you've read...

Regards,

Mike
Do your best and forget the rest
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 12:13, ThePhoenix wrote:
Thanks again Guys!!!

Vlad, I must admit that I'm very impressed about your knowledge in magic. I read many threads here in the Magic Café since the last years and you always have something very interesting to tell or add to a thread. I really appreciate all the insights and references that you gave us. But may I ask you a question ? How many magic books do you own or have read in your life ? And you probably have a very good memory to retain everthing you've read...

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

Wow thank you so very much for the kind words! I have learned so much from so many here that I just try to give back when/if I can. I am a musician also but magic is my true passion. As far as books, I've never counted the number I own. I love studying the classics most and I am really enamored with magic periodicals. There are real treasures there. Also, I have had the privilege of working for three magic shops and as a demonstrator, I had to learn as much as I could every day. I think that is where the memory thing comes in. Smile That said, there are people here that just blow me away with their encyclopedic knowledge of magic. Etienne is one such example Mike. His posts are legendary and have repeatedly caused me to go back and find treasures in my own library.

You are a mere 8 posts away from accessing Secret Sessions on The Café, Mike. Once you get access, check out some amazing threads there including Etienne's series on false counts, Hideo Kato's "Today's Finding," a thread called Howdy Diddits, and thanks to many here, two threads I started, one called Book Gems and the other named Classic Periodicals. Not tooting my own horn here but the participation in these two threads has been out of the universe - sorry Mr. Lorayne but I had to borrow that! There are so many great threads in Secret Sessions that the problem will be where to begin! But oh what a nice problem to have. Smile

Again thank you so very much for those kind words! I might also suggest you read posts from folks like Magicfish, Fonda57, Dr. JK, Pepka, Doomo, Kent Gunn, Steven Keyl, Bill Palmer, Turk, Barry Fernelius, Motown, MB217, Tim Feher, and Glenn Morphew. This isn't an all-inclusive list, but V.I.P.s aside, these guys blow me out of the water in terms of knowledge. Also, avail yourself of Vinny Marini's posts. His magic is really unique and Vinny is generous to a fault.

See you in Secret Sessions and I hope soon Mike!

Best,
Vlad
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
310 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 00:43, sduff wrote:
Playing card sculptures (low wattage light fittings?!)
http://zacharyabel.com/sculpture/pokerfaces.html

I tried this one. And succeeded in just two evenings !!

Click here to view attached image.
So much to do, so little time . . .
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 05:15, alicauchy wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 00:43, sduff wrote:
Playing card sculptures (low wattage light fittings?!)
http://zacharyabel.com/sculpture/pokerfaces.html

I tried this one. And succeeded in just two evenings !!

Your equation is MY favorite one. This equation is full of magic; every element of this equation is fondamental in our math universe.
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
310 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 10:05, ThePhoenix wrote:

Your equation is MY favorite one. This equation is full of magic; every element of this equation is fondamental in our math universe.

I agree. I am a newbie in the café, but it seems there is a number of mathematically-inclined people here.
So much to do, so little time . . .
Drake Bauer
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Drake Bauer
Ever think of doing a wall tapestry with your cards ?
The existence of tricks does not imply the absence of magic.
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Quote:
On 2013-08-21 05:57, Drake Bauer wrote:
Ever think of doing a wall tapestry with your cards ?

I'll propose this to my wife...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Ideas to recycle used Playing cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL