The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Bill Shirk Autobiography (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I had pre-ordered Bill Shirk's autobiography,"Modern Day Houdini" from http://www.amazon.com several months ago, so when it arrived today I had forgotten I had ordered it. Well, let me tell you that I really had trouble putting this book down. I only got up to the fourth chapter but already I can tell that this is going to be one of my favorite escape books. It's a facinating
look into the career of a man whose primary goal in life was to be the "World's Number One Escape Artst."
And about all the mistates that he made along the way. It's written in a very easy to read, down to earth style that is both entertaining and very amusing with great stories about his 25 greatest escapes. I really didn't know much about Bill Shirk aside from what I've seen on Ripley's, But after reading the first
few chapters of this book, I feel like I know him.
I'll most likely finish it up in the next few days and get back to everyone on it. But from where I'm sitting right now I'd have to say that I highly recommend this book.
Best regards, Tony Parisi Smile
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Tony...Kristen agrees with you. She recieved the book back in July and was one of the final proof readers. She really enjoyed it...had to read it twice, the first time was proofing it, so she read it again for entertainment purposes. She supplied a review and I know they were looking to put her remarks on the back cover, I never heard if hers made it or not.

Thanks for bringing this work to everyone's attention. Anyone interested in escapes or just an intersting book...get it!
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hi Kevin, I remember you had mentioned Kristen's review on a previous posting so I was looking for it but was unable to find it. At least, they didn't credit her if they did use it. I would be anxious to read her review. Any chance you might persuade her to post it here on the Café? I'm lookng forward to seeing you both at the EA Convention this coming April.
Best regards, Tony Parisi Smile

UPDATE: Oct 14 2003

OK so last night was a slow night for crime in the big city. So while I waited for a tow truck to come and get a smashed taxi that had hit a light pole, I had some time to kill. Fortunately for me I had Bill Shirk's book with me and was able to finish it up then and there. Well, I have to tell you all that the stories just got better and better. The book got funnier, the escapes got bigger, and so did the mistakes that Bill made along the way. Even those not interested in Escapes or magic would probably enjoy this book. I give it two thumbs up!
Best regards, Tony Parisi Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Bill Shirk Autobiography (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL