The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Effective , promotional items for family shows? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I have an event coming up in August. The performance is more of a showcase than a money maker. So to make up for it I need to book shows from the event.
So I do not have much time left but wondered what the most effective way to get them retain my name and information.
It wil be mostly kids and parents and presneted on the event's " Childrens Day" I am presnting right before a main event they have for kids.

I wanted to incorporate a promotional item that will not break the bank and yet want to be retained and maybe used later. But I want them to feel they WANT to have it.
Sure sometimes handing out a busienss card to one kid makes them all want one but they usually do not amke it home in one piece.

Any ideas of what works?
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
If you hand something to everyone there, everyone gets one but how many will be kept?

If you have a spot where people have to come and get the handout maybe fewer will get one but maybe more will be kept.

If you have something for sale, fewer will get one but most will be kept.

Those are very simple statements but they show that when people have no investment in getting something they just don't put as value on it. If they have to go to a spot (not in direct line to exit the performance area) and ask for it, they at least have some investment in getting it. It they have to buy it then they have even more investment and are much more likely to keep it. Think concert t-shirts or programs.

It may reduce the number of calls you get for gigs, but the calls you do get will be more qualified and the closing rate will be higher.

Generally speaking.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Jeff Mc Bride had a great class yesterday on this very topic.

Follow this link:

http://virtual.magicalwisdom.com/tv

and view the class for June 25, 2012. It's on marketing. He gave out some great ideas as give ways after a show.

Best of luck.
Life of Magic!
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
Perhaps a coloring page, fortune telling flsh, hold a drawing for a free magic trick or set & they fill out a card with parents contact information &child's blrthdate...lnstant data base...
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
I would focus more on getting outstanding video footage and photographs to incorporate into your promotional package and website. That will be a lasting impression you can use. A couple of bookings directly from one event is all you can expect.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Powermagic;

I sent you a PM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Effective , promotional items for family shows? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL