The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Penn's Bottle Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
This looks great!

David Penn's Bottle Production:

When you're in a close up or parlour setting this has to be one of the strongest pieces magic you can perform. You will leave them speechless when a full bottle of wine appears right in front of them.

This was David Penn's opening routine when he won 'The Magic Circle Close Up Magician of the Year' and 'The IBM Close Up Competition' and the reactions are guaranteed. David Penn's Bottle Production gimmick allows you to produce a bottle in the most impossible of conditions. You don't even need to wear a Jacket! If you wearing a Jacket you could open it up fully right before the production. There is nothing to see!

The instructional DVD supplied also teaches you how to produce two bottles using the same gimmick and David also teaches his full commercial routine. This includes the production of the spectator's very own drink!

David Penn's Bottle Production is a great stand-alone piece of high impact magic or it is a great finale to one of your existing routines.

A link to it is here;
http://www.worldmagicshop.com/David_Penn......odvd.htm
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The demo was useless as the bottle was already under the silk each time. He could have pulled a live chicken out from under the silk and it would have looked the same. I've always used the splash bottle gimmick. If this is better, I'll switch ( I like that it has a dvd teaching David's routine ).

Maybe they could release a better demo?
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On 2012-06-29 09:41, Zombie Magic wrote:
The demo was useless as the bottle was already under the silk each time. He could have pulled a live chicken out from under the silk and it would have looked the same. I've always used the splash bottle gimmick. If this is better, I'll switch ( I like that it has a dvd teaching David's routine ).

Not true. You see him execute the steal multiple times.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
You see "A" steal of the second bottle only. Heck it looks like he is picking it up off something obscured by the table (I am sure he's not it was just shot badly). A better demo would be, well, better.
Official Thread Killer
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Zuke
I love a good bottle production, LOVE it. But the problem I've often found is not in how it's produced, but the pre-production bulge (if it's a body load). There are ways to lessen it but there's no real solution.
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
I agree, the video does not even show the full production, only the silk being removed from the bottle and yea one time it looks like he picks it off a table or something near the pool table. Why not just show the true presentation? Time for a re-shoot.
MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
Quote:
On 2012-06-29 23:41, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
Quote:

You are absolutely right...
the trailer shows everything you need to know about the nature of this effect
Iam waiting hopefully for a full review from a worker who will try it in the real world

Cheers
Maximon
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-06-29 23:41, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
Quote:

Michael, you also defended "Bending The Real".

:sun:
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
The steal was made obvious (for magicians) in the video.

It looks like a similar thing could be accomplished with the system put out by Peter Loughran.

I own every BP available on the market so will be watching this one closely.

IMHO a BP is the strongest close-up illusion one can do.

I wonder what Dave will bring to the party (apart from a bottle of wine Smile)
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
258 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
How does it compare to Splash Bottle from Jean-Marc Sainclaire and Damien Vappereau?
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
The beauty about this is (in my opinion) that you could easily produce this at the end of a set without flashing the gimmick. When I tried the splash gimmick, unless I kept my jacket buttoned up, I felt uncomfortable working with the bottle in place.
liampower
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of liampower
How are the angels? can this be done with an 180 degree audience?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-07-06 10:41, trickychris wrote:
The beauty about this is (in my opinion) that you could easily produce this at the end of a set without flashing the gimmick. When I tried the splash gimmick, unless I kept my jacket buttoned up, I felt uncomfortable working with the bottle in place.

There are things you can do to easily overcome having to button up your jacket. If you want to know pm me.
Kane Mouri
View Profile
New user
Tokyo
53 Posts

Profile of Kane Mouri
Curious if this will work with a slim fit jacket? I've had to do major adjustments to my splash bottle gimmick.
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2012-07-12 01:42, Kane Mouri wrote:
Curious if this will work with a slim fit jacket? I've had to do major adjustments to my splash bottle gimmick.

It should work fine, I wear a relatively small jacket and don't have an issue - I guess it all depends on how tight your jacket is and how large a bottle you choose. If it's a PVC paint on job with a nebakanezer you may be in trouble. If it's a normal, straight bottle and a slim fit jacket you should hopefully be fine.
c4rlito
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of c4rlito
So nobody is using this then? I have to agree it looks a bit more front friendly than splash bottle!
Best Regards,
Matthew McGurk
British Magical Champion
https://www.matthewmcgurk.com
https://www.mymagiccourse.com/
steveoblair
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steveoblair
I am looking for a bottle production to add in to my set and I think this may be the one I will add in.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

I've been using this a lot.

David Penn is a genius (when he's not causing trouble).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Penn's Bottle Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL