The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Some Moves new vid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidGold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DavidGold
I just got back to training after my injury and I thought I would make a little video so enjoy Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEQmUX3LFYY

MOVES LIST

Push off second deal
stud second
seconds 5x
Slap control (GPS 52)
mY CLASSIC PASS
Gamblers cop from table
No clue what its called
top palm

Any comments appreciated !!!!!!!

Respectfully David
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
With the push-off second deal, I think that the right hand thumb action can be exaggerated more. At the moment, it just looks like you're picking at the cards.

Adding more 'swipe' to the right thumb motion may sell the illusion more... it creates a visual retention of sorts. Make the taking thumb actually slide over the two cards (as one) in their entirety. In fact, the thumb should lightly touch the cards throughout this action as not to split them... At the minute your right thumb's sort of just sitting at the front corner of deck, instead of flowing from the back and then to the front... It's a hard action to describe. Hopefully you know what I'm getting at.

If you're unsure, check out some videos of Richard Turner/Steve Forte/Jason England doing their push-off second deals and pay special attention to the taking thumb's action. AMcD will no doubt offer some better advice... I'm hardly an expert... yet. Smile

Zac
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Oh yeah and with the stud seconds... is it just me, or are the fingers of your left (deck holding hand) randomly flashing around when you swoop in for the take. If so, I don't think that should be happening... Maybe to some extent in a stud bottom deal, but not a second.

Maybe I'm getting confused with the taking hand, it's hard to tell from the video. Fingers flying everywhere and what not. Plus... it's late here Smile.
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
DavidGold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DavidGold
I do my studs like that so my deal is consistant throughout my bottom studs too.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks. The dealing looked fine to me.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Thanks David. Very nice. Wish I was as capable.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Kingman
View Profile
Loyal user
Willow Spring NC
294 Posts

Profile of Kingman
Very nice moves. I enjoyed watching, had to turn that "music" down though.

Thanks for posting the vids.

Kingman
-*-The Card Magic of Kingman-*-

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Some Moves new vid (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL