The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Alpha Floating Flame (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I saw this at the Hank Lee website. Does anyone have this? Can you give me a review if this is worth it for US$140.00?
http://hanklee.org/xcart/customer/produc......p;page=1

I also saw this performed by a lady in a french channel. She used two floating flames which looked like fireballs. I think she is Alpha's partner.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of 12345
Dude that seems wicked man! The only levitation I know is Fearsons flaoting cig, this seems more like a stage illusion. I will be lurking for reviews also!

It doesn't say anything about the fire ball passing through a hoop, but has a picture of it doing so...?
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
I purchased a floating flame from Bob Coluzzi, but it's different from this one. At first, it's not all that impressive until one realizes that the gimmick that is usually used to float things cannot be used to float something that's on fire!

I've had good luck with mine, but have only performed it public a handful of times. I paid $295 and it's worth it to me.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
I did a search for Bob Coluzzi on Google and couldn't find a source for the effect you mention. It sounds great and I'd like to read a discription of it and know where to purchase it. If you can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
Bob's a retired magician living in the Chicago area. I don't believe any more of these are available. When he sold it, he said he would make only ten and once they were gone, they were gone. That was part of the reason for the price tag.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
I will be selling Mr Coluzzi's prop and video instructions on ebay in two weeks.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Salut!

I attended a lecture by Alpha some years ago, and he explained us how to make the props...I can't explain it here of course, but it should be mentionned that this is a stage/street(by night) illusion.
I loved doing it until I stop working with fire...
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Alpha is tetching his floating flame on one of the old Stevens Tapes,The Magic of France, I don't know if it is avilable yet on DVD.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic / Vibono & Mirage
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Aymeric de Veyrac
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Aymeric de Veyrac
There's also book notes that were published a few years ago to build it and a lot of other fire gimmicks, not only for stage but for close-up too. But this floating flame is only for stage.
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
I've always wanted a floating flame effect,,,, but could never find a good one!
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
329 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
Hi,
Has anybody heard of the Floating Flame by Tony Baronio? It is sold on Hank Lee's for $15 http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......p;page=2

Thanks,
Oz
sporkofconfusion
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of sporkofconfusion
For that price, it is probably worth it. I'd be interested in it. If you get it, let me know how you like it.

I have a floating fireball that floats over one of my hands. Like the others here, its not that impressive until you realize that IT doesn't work. I have gotten many comments to the extent of, "wow, I can't see the threads" or, "Its on a string between your fingers" At least it gives me the comfort of knowing that they don't actually know how I'm doing it. Unfortunatly it doesn't matter that they don't know how its actually being done--if they think they know how it works, they won't be too impressed.

I want a floating fireball I can float from hand to hand and such that doesn't have a complicated set up. Are any of the ones mentioned here good in that way?
H3123T1K
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of H3123T1K
Is there a reason I cant find this product anywhere? I mean I went to the hank lee site, and there were no results for the alpha floating flame. Same with google. Whats up with that?
Dr.Morton
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Dr.Morton
I have Bob Coluzzi's "Ultimate Floating Flame" for sale.
It is complete, unused and in mint condition.
The whole set was only offered 10-20 times and is extremely rare.
It comes with a brass lamp (arabian night style), a demonstration video, instructions and all needed materials still unused.
This effect is a reputation maker and the highlight of any magic act. It can be performed almost surounded and only needs to take place 5 feet away from the audience .
The whole effect (if done like Mr. Coluzzi) is a small act itself and although some experienced magicians will have an idea what you are doing, most will be baffled how it is actually done.
At the moment I have no idea what I should ask for the effect but I will not consider offers below 300 $ (which is even below what I paid for it).
It is not enough to be without thoughts,
one should also be unable to express them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Alpha Floating Flame (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL