The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Street Hypnosis exposed for what it is! (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
And by the way in order to play golf at highest level the technique MUST be separated from the mental aspect. One of the biggest down falls of all golfers is that they become bogged down with technique. Their minds are full of focusing on getting the technique right. Its when they forget all about technique and just focus on getting the ball into the hole the unconscious does what it needs to do in order to get there.

And why do you think Ive been ****ed off this week? I should've been at the Open with my client but was cut out and kept a secret instead. Someone who has had a huge turnaround in just a few short weeks after being on my programme. But I was smart enough to get it on video on the last session because I knew this was likely to happen.

And let me ask you this Danny if perfect swing was so important why is it that no two coaches will give you the same advice on what you should be doing with your swing?

I don't claim to be an expert in golf. My specialty lies in performance enhancement that's where I excel.

(waits for next post full of empty insults and no contribution)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You make arrogant pronouncements and get angry when you get push back. Too bad. Don't make arrogant assumptions about what others may or may not know. You made this bed by years of lashing out at others. Not my fault.
Any coach worth his salt will tell you fundamentals matter. Basics. You act as if just your program is all any duffer needs to play like the pros. That is a fallacy. Sorry to tell you.

I am not insulting you, just clearing up your glaring misconceptions. Your alledged client did pretty bad today.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Whos angery what are you pushing back on? I really don't see anything.

Yes my client did do bad but so did a lot of other top players. And as I pointed out I wasn't there and I haven't been with him since end of May. So although he was my client he wasn't working with me.

Even though what I do know for sure is that he was well out of his performance zone. In other words his level of arousal was to high to access his best shots. That can be because of being anxious or sometimes even being too pleased about having achieved something. I don't know for sure but my guess is he is loving the new media attention and compliments he is getting and that has knocked him out of his zone. Also he had high expectations poured on him from the press and even had Tiger woods old Caddoe compliment him and put a bet on him. Only a few short weeks ago the media was full of hate for him. . But these are just guesses. I haven't spoken to him since end of May.

I will call hi find out what happened and find out why I was cut out tomorrow.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
What's the date today????
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
OK I find this started out as Street Hypnosis getting kick,to the pod cast getting kicked, then it switching from who right and wrong, to training golf player and going on and on about how successful someone's career is.

So I'll start like this, I don't claim to be a expert in hypnosis, but do feel I've been trained very well as a stage hypnosis and hypnotherapist by who I consider are both great men in there field.

Now I'll start with what everyone here has seem to label as street hypnosis and watered down hypnosis. OK first I why does it have to be insulted and have to be some lower form of hypnosis.
As long as I can remember Hypnotherapist, Doctors, Government have called down Stage hypnosis in the same way, saying it was because they were not trained well or that style is a joke, until very recent years as Hypnotherapy and Hypnosis becomes more and more popular and excepted.

Did that mean Stage Hypnosis was any less valid or was it cause training got better, more understanding of hypnosis by those that practiced and by the general public.

Saying Street Hypnosis is gorilla and attacking people can be said about any style of busking..which to me I see as the wrong view. This another style of entertainment and when a trained entertainer is doing it, it can be one of the most enjoyable things ever to see. When done wrong it horrible.... does that mean it makes...hypnosis, music,magic any less value and there killing the art...sorry but no.

There so many bad Stage hypnosis out there so called killing our art it not even close to busking style which by the way isn't anything new....check your history how performing hypnosis started......
The only thing now is its a trend in our art/practice. Just like Stage Hypnosis was nd is becoming more and more with hypnotherapist switching over to stage.

In the end it the same it hasn't change in our history......garauntee in the next 5 or so years you see more and more of the busking style and it becoming more and more excepted.

So instead of being the same as the one that may have put you down cause you did stage hypnosis and not hypnotherapy or vice versa, why not help and help the style become more then what it is. This is the only way we have better trained people on the street entertaining people and giving the public a better image of hypnosis also.

Now hypnosis being used in sport, police units for enhancements has been used for longer then a lot of us have been around, the only difference now is the medical industry has excepted these method more and more along with the public.

Now about the pod cast itself....I'm sorry but this sounded like a rant a very bias. I myself do what you all seem to think is jump on someone, attack them and try to hypnotize them.

I'm sorry but that's not what I do. I carry myself with confidence, class and style and always entertain. I also always do what I call my mini pre-talk, which of course let them know that I'm going to demonstrate some hypnosis and were all going to have fun and I not what they may have seen I don't do XXX rated stuff. I want the person to be the star of a mini little show and not to be made fun of.

Now I also want to take this style to a pub style, night club walk around. Does this all mean I don't take what we do seriously or strive to become better and better. No I'm always asking for solid material, I've gotten myself train by those that respect and are very well verse for many many years in all styles of hypnosis. I'm always trying to better my stage act and busking style act.

I hate to use the term hating on but I'd like to see a lot less hatting on and a lot more this what we can do to make this style better in all aspects.

I was hoping when I came to this section it be a lot more professional and a lot less name calling and childish then then most of the magic sections here...but from the many many threads and post I've read here it doesn't seem to be any different....which for all of us is a shame.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Stinky-pinky! stinky-pinky!
Brett Sirrell Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Brett Sirrell Magician
Cant agree more with everything Reg states in this podcast.
If you want to go out on the streets then have a purpose. If that purpose is to get your ego up and hypno-mug someone then you need to rethink you ethics.
If you want to do street hypnosis set up a performing area and do a proper show and put a hat down like every other street performer. (unless its a paid gig tho!)
Brett Sirrell Magician and entertainer
www.brettsirrell.co.uk
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Wow, can't believe I call you all 'stinky pinkys' and you all sulk for nearly 3 months. Sheesh!!!
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
You are a true entertainer sir - and one of the reasons I love reading this threads!
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thanks Brett,
It's good to know some people get it.
Reg

Quote:
On 2012-11-27 07:41, Brett Sirrell Magician wrote:
Cant agree more with everything Reg states in this podcast.
If you want to go out on the streets then have a purpose. If that purpose is to get your ego up and hypno-mug someone then you need to rethink you ethics.
If you want to do street hypnosis set up a performing area and do a proper show and put a hat down like every other street performer. (unless its a paid gig tho!)
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Thankyou Catweazle. If you are who I think you are (blonde female with implants, divorced mid 20 yr old who just doesn't care anymore)please pm me?
1031ent
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of 1031ent
5 pages of fighting and ****ing matches with zero useful information. This is typical of many threads on the Café. It's also similar to why I avoid socializing with magicians, seems most have self esteem issues.
1031ent
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of 1031ent
Oh and BTW if paid shows are a problem then start renting out venues and market the shows yourself.
steadyeddy2000
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of steadyeddy2000
So be it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Street Hypnosis exposed for what it is! (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL