The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kindle: Most Highlighted Passages of All Time (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Not really sure what this means. Often, when I get a new book on my Kindle, there are already passages in the book that are highlighted, so I wonder if the "pre-highlighted" passages are part of these results.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2012-07-12 13:51, ClintonMagus wrote:

Not really sure what this means.

It's explained at the top (through a link):

The Amazon Kindle and the Kindle Apps provide a very simple mechanism for adding highlights. Every month, Kindle customers highlight millions of book passages that are meaningful to them.

We combine the highlights of all Kindle customers and identify the passages with the most highlights. The resulting Popular Highlights help readers to focus on passages that are meaningful to the greatest number of people. We show only passages where the highlights of at least three distinct customers overlap, and we do not show which customers made those highlights.

The Most Highlighted of All Time passages have been highlighted by the most distinct customers. The Most Highlighted of All Time books are ranked based on a combination of number of highlighting customers and number of highlights. For Heavily Highlighted Recently passages and books the ranking is done in a similar fashion, but with a much greater emphasis on highlighting that was done recently over highlighting that was done a longer time ago.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
It is completely meaningless. It is only a straw poll of what is being read at the moment, and has no more significance than that. Does anyone really believe The Hunger Games - good though the books were - are so inspirational?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Kindle: Most Highlighted Passages of All Time (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL