The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Fixing my flipper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Ive never had to fix one of these but the band broke, and Im not sure where to start. It's a schoolcraft flipper I bought a couple of years ago from someone on the Café. I think I still have the wooden pegs that Jamie supplied to help re-attach the band... I have to look for it.

Is this an easy procedure, or a pain in the butt to fix?
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Ok... I did it. took a few tries
mfeld
View Profile
Elite user
San Francisco
457 Posts

Profile of mfeld
I know Jamie recommends using the peg, but I never got the hang of it. I know you were able to fix it, but for anyone else interested, here's what I find to be easiest: (after removing the insert pieces and cleaning them): wrap the band into the groove on the smaller piece of the insert, then lay both pieces of the insert onto a table so that they form the full circle. Then put a pencil or pin or needle, on the inside of the band, and run it around the groove in the larger part of the insert. As you go around the circle, the band will fall into the groove, and then as you complete the circle, the last bit of it will snap into place (sometimes you have to help it down into the groove with your thumb a little).

Hope that helps any coin guys out there with a frustrated flipper.
Michael Feldman
www.michaelfeldman.com

Or follow me on Twitter - @magicianmike
And Instagram - @magicianmichaelfeldman

Check out my newest book with Ryan Plunkett: A New Angle
https://www.ryancplunkett.com/project/anewangle
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Good tip. Thanks
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Vern, sent you a PM.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Fixing my flipper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL