The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Loftus new price (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
I haven't ordered cards from Loftus in over a year. Last time I did, they were $8.25 per doz, lots of 2 gross. That's .69 ea. Called them today, price is $10.65 per doz which is .89 ea. To say I was taken aback is putting it mildly.

Called MM. My last invoice from them was .70 per deck bulk, gross lot. Same price today. PLUS they gave me a choice of key card AND could get either blue or red decks AND they are collated! Guess from whom I ordered them? Smile

John
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
"Never look a gift horse in the mouth?"

The bulk decks are NOT collated (even tho I was told they were), they sent red (I thot I ordered blue) AND the cut on the key cards is not straight AND is such a small amount the DL is very hard to do. PLUS no instructions so I have to print my own. I'm eager to see how they hold up, once I use them for a while. But they WERE 70 cents--including shipping, 82 cents!

I guess I'll just have to practice.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Jon --- I would call MM, tell them of your concerns, and see what they offer to do. Just because we sell "slum" doesn't mean that we have to sell crap. Also, just curious -- have you ordered from them before, and was the quality better?

I made the mistake once of ordering a few dozen pitch decks sight unseen. The cards were so thin and the key cut was so bad that I couldn't even demo the darn things; they all ended up in the recyling bin!!

But that was my own fault, for not getting a sample first. After I found a reliable supplier and a deck that was of decent quality, I stuck with it, gross after gross, and was never sorry! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Loftus new price (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL