The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Shrinking Cigarette (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
A fellow magi just showed me this awesome little trick tonight. The effect is thus: You take a cigarette and put it into this little tube then place a cap on the tube. Then take the cap off and tip it over and a very little tiny baby cigarette falls out.

Does anyone know what this effect is called and where I could buy it? My friend couldn't remember the name of it and said he got it in an old shop in Texas years ago that is no longer around.

My internet searches have so far been fruitless. Any info would be a great help!

Thanks!
-Reis
Smile

Nevermind! I found it.
(I'm such a dork!)

It was called something really obscure like "Shrinking Cigarette". No wonder I couldn't find it
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Dice, I a Have a performance by Slydini on viceo tape.when he perfromed on the Dick Cavet show. If I remember correctly Slydini did this effect without a gimmick and also restored a broken cigerette it was a great routine .If interested I can send you a copy of this it is a very old video made back in the early 80s
pm me if interested
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Mike Powers use to market a shrunken cigarette. They where made very well. The looked exactly as they would if a real cigarette was shrunken down to the size f a tooth pick.
I don't thinking he makes them anymore but he may still have some. I can find out if you're interested. he's also a member of this board.

I use to do it with the old thumb tip. The tag line was that it was supposed to disappear. When the hand is opened and they see this tiny cigarette I've say, "Well, it almost disappeared."

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Shrinking Cigarette (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL