The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Marlo Magazines, anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Hi. Just some quick questions about the Marlo Magazines, I would appreciate any answers on them. Marlo refers to the Marlo Magazines as the source for quite a number of sleights on his "Cardician" & "Legend" DVDs, so I was just wondering:

i) How good are these Magazines in terms of strength of material, as compared to Marlo's other works?

ii) How easy is it to obtain the Marlo Magazines?

Thanks in advance. Smile
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
They are great. No Marlo collection would be complete without them. There are some amazing gems hidden inside.

Wakeman reprinted volume 1. Racherbaumer might have one or two of them digitally available. Otherwise, they are very hard to find and sometimes command $200-$300 apiece.
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
I would agree that Marlo's Magazine, Vol. 1-6, along with the Riffle Shuffle Trilogy are THE books on Marlo's magic to have in your library. There is lots of advanced card magic in these publications. They were sold privately through Ed and limited, probably less than 400 original copies.

Check ebay regularly; they often appear for sale. A few months ago, several were sold on auction with final bids between $120-$225, approximately if I am correct. I bought a first edition Vol. 1 in mint condition for about $160. If you check the magic book dealers and they have a copy on sale, the prices I have seen are over $300, so if you're patient, ebay is the way to go.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Marlo Magazines, anyone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL