The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Bev Cipperly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KeithS
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of KeithS
Does anyone have any experience with Bev Cipperly's work? I remember her making a lot of puppets in the 80's, but then retired. I see, however, that she's making some for Lee Cornell's site. They're cute and the prices are great. I'm thinking of buying one for a friend.

Any thoughts on her work?
kidshowvent
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of kidshowvent
I used Bev exclusively in the 80's until she decided to retire. She made a comeback a few years ago, but then when back into retirement. She made several different puppets for me and I was very pleased. Quite a nice lady! I believe she is now in her 80's (please don't quote me on that!).

Mark

markwade@kidshowvent.com
KeithS
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of KeithS
Hi Mark,

Thank you for the info. I'm impressed that she is still making some puppets!

Best,
Keith
leecornell
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of leecornell
Bev was a regular as a dealer at the Vent Haven convention for many years in the 1980's and 1990's.

I have found the quality of her puppets to be very, very good. I met her at, I believe, the 2001 Vent Haven convention and that was one of the last conventions she attended. What a wonderful lady. She is "retired" but had a few left over puppets from a few years ago she sent me last year to try and sell at my dealers table at the convention. I had people walking up and asking me where I got Bev Cipperly puppets from. I sold almost completely out the first 2 days of the convention.

Over the course of the past year, she made me nearly 20 puppets in her spare time to bring to convention again this year (2012). I have 8 characters left and she told me to put them on my website to try and sell by Christmas.

Besides Mark, 60 year professional vent Bill DeMar uses Bev's puppets (his big Luke the Lion is a Cipperly creation). Magic Castle performer Dick Barry has a very nice rabbit puppet Bev made for him and there are lots of folks who have used her characters over the years. You can see what I have left on my ventriloquism101.com website on the professional puppets page.

Thanks.
leecornell
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of leecornell
The direct link to the puppets I have left is:

http://ventriloquism101.com/products/tony.htm#cipperly

Thanks.
KeithS
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of KeithS
Thank you, Lee. Much appreciated!
MT
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of MT
What is Bev's email/phone if we want to contact her about making puppets?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Bev Cipperly (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL