The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2012 entrée: Doug Higley » » The Big Top » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Your love of the circus, sir. Tell us how that came about.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
From a tiny tot, every birthday...on April 4th...Madison Square Garden and Ringling Pure excitement and great prizes in the lobby...and the elephant smell as you entered and the big sideshow. Also the Clyde beatty Circus and so mamy others growing up. I thank my Mom for knowing where my buttons were. Smile
Next month I continue the tradition (though not my B-day) when we go to Ringling here in San Diego. As when a kid, I'm still "Kacited".

I did some clowning (though not with a Circus)...had a little side show alongside the Happy Time Circus and did some stuff with a Circus in Alaska (wrestled the Tiger etc.)

I just truely admire the work ethic, the attitude and the drive to make a day full of fun for folks...based on skill, artistry and daring do. I love the idea of the magical city that disappears over night...so you better go NOW!

The Circus people I've gotten to know over the years are the best people I know. They amaze me and humble me with what they accomplish day after day.

yeah...I do love the Circus. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Thank you for that, Doug. I can't believe you use to WRESTLE A TIGER!!! (lol)
Feel free at some point this week to expand on THAT. Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I wrote that up for an old blog I had. Wish I still had it. I'll try and get to it soon as I'm in a typin' moood.
It was something I was glad I did and not something I'd ever do again. Yeah...one of those. Smile I've had a few run ins with them stripped beasts...one nearly did me in but not at a Circus. Smile Stay tuned.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2012 entrée: Doug Higley » » The Big Top » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL