The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Update—My sister needs a bone marrow transplant (Long) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
It's been about a month since we found out my sister Julie was sick. She has had a pretty good couple of weeks, thanks to your prayers.

Yesterday (Wedsnesday) they put her in the hospital because she has been having contractions and her cervix was dialating. She needs to carry the baby at least another two weeks. Today her blood count was way down so they gave her another blood transfusion. She had one before that the doctors thought should have lasted eight weeks, but it only lasted three. The blood doctor was supposed to show up today to talk to her but he never showed up.

Some of the good news:
  1. I am a perfect match for Julie's bone marrow. A definite answer to prayer.
  2. We have all turned to the Lord for comfort and guidance and are closer as a family. We have taken Psalm 91 has the scripture we pray over.
  3. Julie has really turned to the Lord for comfort. She told my mom the other day "I don't know if I'm going to live much longer, but this is God's plan and the second I die I will be in heaven with my four other kids (three other pregancies ended to early) and all the relatives who have died."
  4. I had an experience the Saturday after we found out, that has really made me turn to God and know that he is real and does answer prayers.
Now some of the bad news:
  1. Her water could break at any time. If the baby is born before 28 weeks, she's at 26 right now, he could have serious problems.
  2. We don't know if this is turning into lukemia. (Update: I got a call and it has not turned into lukemia, thank GOD!)
  3. One of Julie's doctors told her she doesn't have the chromosome that fights cancer. I don't know what that means as far has her treatment is concerned but it is not good.
  4. My dad went to the hospital Tuesday night with chest pains and his left arm numb. It turned out to be stress related, but it is still scary. I didn't find out until the next morning.
Things we still need your prayer for:
  1. That the baby is born healthy and normal.
  2. That God gives the doctors the wisdom to make the right diagnosis and the right treatment.
  3. That God performs a miracle and heals Julie without treatment or with treatment.
  4. That my parents stay healthy.
  5. That Kirk, Julie's husband, turns to God for comfort and guidance.
My family wanted me to pass on their sincere thanks for all of your prayers. When I told Julie that I posted a prayer request for her on here, she was very touched and grateful for your prayers. Through family and friends we have thousands of people all over the world praying for Julie and their baby.

If you would like to be updated on a more regular basis, PM me with your email address and we will send the updates directly to you.

Thanks again for all your prayers. It means so much to know that there are people we have never met who care enough to pray.

Thank You
Jeff Stubb
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of ventman
Gotcha covered, man! The best will happen!
Coldthorn
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Thanks to eveeryone for your prayers. My sister went home Friday night and will get to stay home until next week unless she starts having contractions again.

NEXT WEEK MAKES 28 WEEKS, that was kind of a minimum that we wanted but longer would be better.

Thanks again for all your prayers and please keep praying.

jeff
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of ventman
Jeff,

I am confident that the baby will be alright. Is she taking breathene? It's a drug for asthma sufferers that develops babies' lungs en utero and is sometimes prescribed for at risk pregnancies (especially if they think the child will be premature).

Continued prayers,
Coldthorn
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
For an update on Jeff's sister, click here.

www.magiccafe.com
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Update—My sister needs a bone marrow transplant (Long) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL