The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Production of a guinea pig (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
I am sure this has been done before and was wondering if they will load easily into a production prop without making a fuss or noise.
I was thinking of using this for Alive by Mr Motta.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Another question is which breed of guinea pigs are easier to keep as pets? The long hair ones,the short hair ones of the hairless breed which imho looks kinda ugly.
What colors looks best on stage?
Visit my website
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Ken Griffin used a production bag like my Supreme Master Production Bag for years. Roscoe (the guinea pig) would hang in the bag on the back of the cloth covered table with a bowl on top. Show the bowl, pick up the cloth, produce the guinea pig. Nothing could be more sure fire or simplier.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Sounds wonderful! Is it like a rabbit bag and is it available? Will the animal stay still or will it be figetty and move around?
Visit my website
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-07-30 17:29, maps wrote:
Another question is which breed of guinea pigs are easier to keep as pets? The long hair ones,the short hair ones of the hairless breed which imho looks kinda ugly.
What colors looks best on stage?

If I were to get another guinea pig, I would definitely go for the short to medium hair ones. They all require a lot of attention and grooming. You have to see they have the right stuff for their teeth, and have to change their nest material every week. They need a bath every week as well. In other words, it is about an hour a week that you have to clean up after them.

The long hair needs grooming of the hair and sheds a lot. It is a big commitment. They only live about 3 years. They are very quiet animals, the only time they squeal is when something they do not like and of course when you tease them with food.

I had one that was like the dog Lassie, golden hair with a white ring around the collar.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Thanks Richard and Bill for your valuable input.
Visit my website
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I produce mine in a small version of a red Drawer Box with clear see-through drawer sides and bottom, size (6" x 4" x 3")

http://themagicwarehouse.com/TA1684/Clear-Drawer-Box.html
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
That's a great prop!
Visit my website
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Maps;

If you were talking about my post.... Thanks for the comment
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Maps,
I am sorry I did not get right back to you. I have been working backstage at the Abbott's 75th Get together.

Yes, they are available.. There are two different sizes and sleightly different release but both are one handed, easy releases.

Will the animal move around? It depends on the animal. He or she will have to get used to it a bit. But as I said Ken Griffin used on for this exact production for years. I did send one to a guy whose rabbit hated it. It clawed and chewed the inside of the bag. So it does depend on your animal to a great deal.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Yes Howie,I am talking about your post.
Richard,can you pm me the price for one?
Thank you everyone for your input
Visit my website
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Maps,, I will strongly vouch for richards production bag,, I own two that he had personnally developed for me. Be sure to discuss with richard in detail what you wish to accomplish, and he will fix you up with what best suits your purpose... RichaRD.. I missed Abbotts, wish we could have been there. we were in Iowa doing fairs. so close just missed you. hope all is well.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Thanks Chris,appreciate your endorsement.I have several of Richard's stuff and I agree that he makes quality props.
Visit my website
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Maps,
I sent you a PM.

Chris,
Abbott's was great as usual but I was so busy backstage that there was many people I saw but never had a chance to talk with. Hard to explain the charm of Abbott's to those that have never been there. It really is old home week.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Hi Richard,I am ready to get my bag.Sent you a pm
Visit my website
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

YAAAAY!
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Thank you for your recommendation Chris! Appreciate it
Visit my website
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

My pleasure.... and soon to be yours.... Just be sure to ease the critter into the routine... My big girl, 6 pound angora, will walk righ tinto the unit.... enjoy your new toy.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I use my Guinea Pig often in shows. I use him in many props that my rabbits are just a little too big to fit comfortably in as I do not use an assistant and I will not have any animal loaded unless they can be very comfortable for the show until production. A few items I use for my Guinea Pig are:

1. Large Drawer Box as already suggested.
2. My Dove to Rabbit Cylinder from Dazzling Magic
3. I have a revolving mirror box effect which is a really nice production for him.
4. My Duck/Rabbit Pan

Guinea Pigs are great to work with and mine has been so friendly and pleasant. I highly recommend them.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Thanks RevMike.I have most of the production props.I am researching on guinea pigs so that I can make an informed decision.I don't want my pet to suffer discomfort
Visit my website
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Production of a guinea pig (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL