The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Psuedo Hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Freudian slip we know what you mean lol!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-10-09 08:42, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 13:41, Mindpro wrote:
...whenever someone ass of questions...

Oops, I meant "asks".

Nope. I like it better the first Way.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Siddharta
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Siddharta
I personal do Richard Sanders' 4 Card Crunch with a hypnotic presentation. I kind of "hypnotize" the participant(s) into seeing 4 card which appear to be something else afterwards. Gets great reactions !
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Machina
Fraser Parker is the man you are looking for: True mysteries...
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
I agree with SNM and say look at Kenton's Ultimately Under as well.
James Brown Professional Opportunist is a great stepping stone into hypnotic effects.
Once you see how those work out check out Anthony Jacquin's Manchurian Approach and Trilby Connection if you want to take the leap into actual hypnosis.
Luke Jermay has a great effect on his Skullduggery dvd that is psuedo hypnotic as well. (forgot the name) but one person sees a card and the others see it as well and the one spectator is wrong when they name it.

You can also use Banachek's PK Touches routine with a hypnotic frame around it to put it in the appropriate context for a hypnotic feel.
AlexanderS
View Profile
New user
Austria
16 Posts

Profile of AlexanderS
For me personally Fraser Parker's "True Mysteries I and II" are one of the best books in that area! It's really great if someone recognices you on the street and you pull of a short impromptu "hypnosis" act!
And as mentioned above Kenton Knepper has also written a lot of good material on that!
Furthermore I would suggest you any book that deals with body stunts. Recently saw one in the magic bookshelf of my dad and read it, it was actually good read - was something called like "Hypno - Tricks" by Royle.

Your's
Alexander
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
I actually completed a work somewhat on this subject a few weeks ago in the form of a video course. All about pretests, suggestibility tests and body stunts. You can find the course here: http://showbizsuccesssecrets.com/store/p......urse-sp/

Jesse
Learn how to build a bigger business at www.showbizsuccesssecrets.com
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2013, dmkraig wrote:
Mindpro, I think you might examine the situation a bit deeper.

Your answer,"Any hypnosis training will easily include this," is accurate. However, I'd respectfully disagree that this is "trivialization of hypnosis."

The fact that noble1 asked about this shows two things: first, that there is an enormous interest in hypnosis. Second, there is still an enormous misunderstanding of what hypnosis is.

The result is that this represents a large market ready to be tapped.

Uri Geller feel into a similar situation and was at the right place and the right time to excite the world with his performances. Nobody (sorry, DB fans) has even come close. Not even Uri has currently come close to the popularity and notoriety he received. It's possible that the market is just waiting for the next Geller. Bascom Jones, editor of Magick magazine, predicted that the next Geller would be a woman who dressed in black. Bascom, unfortunately, is gone. We're still waiting for the woman in black.

Likewise, there should be a Uri Geller of hypnosis. Where is he or she? The questions by noble1 indicate that the world is ready.

RIP dmkraig, I miss your posts. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
troy16
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of troy16
Sorry, I know this post is getting old but I have just watched a DVD by Chris Philpot called the 100th Monkey and I think this would fit right in with what you are looking for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Psuedo Hypnosis (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL