The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » An odd approach to the Cups and Balls, just for you. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
The other day, I realized that the probability of me performing the C&Bs the way I used to was almost zero, so why not share it with you? Hopefully, a few of you may have some fun with it. Essentially, I did the trick with flies. Little plastic ones from a joke shop will do. For the final loads, I would ask something like "and do you know why the flies keep buzzing around?" And then I'd show that under each cup was a pile of fake doggie poo with some flies glued on it. It was a very fun little routine with some fun lines, and the final loads got great reactions and laughter. A friend at the magic shop suggested I pull out the flies from a small jar of Vaseline, but noone got the joke. (Fly in the ointment) Of course, this isn't recommended for all audiences, but always fun for me to do.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Bwahahahaha!

I can't see myself doing this, but I wish I could. That's just so silly!

Thanks for the laugh!

-Patrick
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-08-14 00:11, Herr Brian Tabor wrote:
...Essentially, I did the trick with flies.

~Snarrrk~! ~Choke~! Mwahhh ha ha ha haaaa! Man, I just had to spit out my iced tea to keep from spewing it all over my laptop! Gahhh!

Flies??? OMG...the visual I got from that...! "And now, ladies and gentleman, Cup magic with FLIES!" ROFLMAO! Now THAT is different...

Doug
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
come fly with me lets fly,lets fly away
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Haha, I'm sorry I ruined some of your tea! Also, you'd be surprised how many effects you can turn around to have something like this. Very fun to goof off with. At one point, I even had a little fly swatter I made that was collapsible to go with it, but it broke.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There was a paddle routine about 20 years ago that used flies and a paddle that was shaped like a flyswatter.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
There was also a 3 paddle set of "fly paddles" that came packaged in a box...

Julie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » An odd approach to the Cups and Balls, just for you. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL