The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Easy come, easy go (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
There's an organization in Orange County, CA called HomeAid Orange County; they work with the building industry to build homeless shelters. Every year they have a fundraiser called Project Playhouse: the local building contractors build these elaborate playhouses which are auctioned off, some for over $30,000! (I once did a New Year's show for a gentleman who bought two of them!) Before the auction the playhouses are displayed at Fashion Island, an uber-high-end shopping center in Newport Beach. And then there's the attendant party and auction; I've done shows at a few of these over the years, but the last one was probably 5 or 6 years ago.

Well, today I got an e-mail from the Director of Development at HomeAid asking me if I can do strolling magic for this year's party: it's their 21st anniversary, so they're having a blackjack theme. It's a great gig, doing strolling magic for people who can plunk down 30 grand for a playhouse!

Alas, it's September 13, and I'm going to be in Lisbon, Portugal, vacationing after the TREC World Championships.

Sigh.

Easy come, easy go.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I do travel...refer them to me. Smile
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I already referred them to a local friend who's given me a lot of referrals. But if he's unavailable . . . .
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
This year alone, I have been booked for strolling work in both Cleveland, OH., Norfolk, Va., and Bolder, Co. Green is Green...I don't discriminate! Smile
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Easy come, easy go (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL