The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Tips about marketing my inventions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

antonio2030
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of antonio2030
Hello there, I am a magician and an illusion/trick inventor, I have several effects on hold to be commercialized, do any of you have an standard contract used on this kind of transactions? (Between the inventor and the dealer of producer), and other thing, could you give me some information on Tesmar Zauberartikel/ Tesmar Stegmaier ? Is the same guy right? I ask this because I sent my inventions to several dealers and producers, and Tesmar offered me an interesting deal, but I think he is from Germany, I am in America, and everyone I had asked seems to ignore who he is, now, I could understand this because of the distance and all, the language barrier and stuff, but maybe in a more specialized forum (Like the magic Café) someone could give me some information so I know i´m actually dealing with a recognized manufacturer.

Does anyone knows about DVD´s or recent effects by upcoming magicians that he produced?

Other than that, any tips? any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you guys.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Here's the real question: Why go through a "dealer" in the first place?

Is it because:

- You need a manufacturer to develop a physical product (does it need to be physical?)
- They are in charge of the distribution (for whatever reason)
- You are unable to distribute it yourself/feel your time is better spent elsewhere
- You are trying to strike a deal with a single performer (who could lease/buy off the concept)
- You want to sell off the idea, or perhaps want to get a commission for a sum of units sold
- You don't know how to market it

I'm unfamiliar with the person you are speaking of, and some of the questions may not necessarily apply. But your post wasn't so clear as to your true intentions. I figured I'd ask some questions to poke the matter further. There's nothing wrong with wanting to go through a dealer, I'm just not sure that's your only option. Personally, I would never apply a "standard" contract to my work. I couldn't care less who created the "standard", I would not sell off my work to go by someone else's idea of a good contract.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Tips about marketing my inventions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL