The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Question regarding Red Mirror DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
I recently purchased a used copy of this DVD, and the disc and case are apparently a little different than the versions most have purchased. Mine came in one of those thin plastic cases (while most came in cardboard-style cases), the cover does not include the words "Dan and Dave Present" (unlike the covers I've seen in advertisements), and my disc has purplish coloring on the back (instead of silver). I've also had a couple of problems with the disc: audio that disappears during the "Live Show" segment; and a glitch that prevents the full explanation of one of the routines (Aberto Court). Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Does this sound like a counterfeit disc? And here's a broader question: how common are counterfeit videos in the secondary market? I never really thought about it much, it always seemed like magic was such a niche market that it wouldn't be worth it for someone to try to sell counterfeit copies. But maybe I'm wrong.
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of nooner
My personal experience from buying magic DVDs in the secondary market is that about 5% of what I have received has been counterfeit. Even from people here on the Café. I'm not sure if my experience is typical of the average consumer. The good news is that that people that I have dealt with on the Café have been willing to take the product back and stated that they were unaware that the disks were not legit. Popular titles (such as Dan and Dave stuff) and box sets seem to be the most common times I have come across it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Question regarding Red Mirror DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL