The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Eric DeCamps brings Pure Magic to Chicago (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gfajuri
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of gfajuri
I'm pleased to announce that this October, Potter & Potter is bringing Eric DeCamps' one-man show, Pure Magic, to Chicago for the first time.

Pure Magic premiered in Manhattan to rave reviews. Potter & Potter is thrilled to bring these The performances will take place in our gallery, over the weekend of October 19 - 21.

Eric's shows take place one week prior to our October 27th auction of the collection of Charles Reynolds, and all of the material in the sale - vintage posters, illusions, books, and artifacts - will be on display in the gallery.

This is a not-to-be-repeated event. Don't miss out!

For more information, click here: http://www.potterauctions.com/events

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Price for tickets? Range?
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Ticket prices are shown at the link provided.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Whoops, sorry, my computer screen cut off that right hand part. Very reasonable prices- will have to consider that drive to Chicago for sure. Thanks for the information!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Saw it in NY, GREAT show. I have family in Chicago so I just may have to make the trip.
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Pure Magic is an icredible show. Eric is a true master at his art and will astound and entertain you. I have seen the show several times and highly reccomend it. If you live in the area or if you can make it to Chicago you should not miss Pure Magic.
Dal
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
124 Posts

Profile of Dal
I've seen Eric's show 3 or 4 times now and he is always amazing and always entertaining. He is a truly gifted performer.
Dal Sanders International Comedy Magician and Illusionist Based In Dallas, TX

The Society of American Magicians Past National President
M.I.M.C.*
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
I saw this show at the SAM in Niagara Falls and again at TAOM. Eric is amazing. Run, don't walk, to this magic experience. Take your friends for a fun night with a great prestidigitator and a really nice guy.

Mark Weidhaas
SAM PNP 2010-11
vgrosso
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of vgrosso
Like Mark, I saw the show at the S.A.M. and TAOM conventions. It was great that the respective convention chairs, John Apperson and Hull Youngblood, allowed Eric to do his full show. It is a SHOW, not just a collection of tricks. Definitely go see it!

Vinny Grosso
S.A.M. PNP 2011-12
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
What a great show Eric performs! It is not to be missed. If you live anywhere near Chicago, this should be a priority to see. Eric performs wonderful interpretations of classical magic.

Marc DeSouza
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
I went to see Pure Magic several times in NYC and I got a lesson in magic every single time. I was honored when MUM Magazine asked me to write a cover story about the show and I only wish I did it justice. Eric not only performs killer magic, but his storytelling, humor and audience management are amazing.

If you are anywhere in the Chicago area, DO NOT miss this show

David Corsaro
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
gfajuri
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of gfajuri
A big thank-you goes out to Scott Wells, who just today, sprung a Pure Magic App on us. Anyone interested in the show can get details and find out how to purchase tickets on his iPhone or iPad. Check it out by following this link:

http://app.cat/puremagic

Thanks, Scott!

And many thanks to those who have bought tickets. To those of you who are planning on doing so, act now! Jeff McBride recently commented, "Eric DeCamps is one of the finest exponets of ledgerdemain extant!"

Book your tickets here: http://www.potterauctions.com/events
gfajuri
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of gfajuri
Scott Wells does it again! Just last night he posted a podcast in his series "The Magic Word" with Eric. I'll let Scott take it from here:

Eric DeCamps chatted with me yesterday via Skype about his upcoming performance at Potter Auction Gallery. If you are interested in the evolution of his show or if you are thinking about putting together your own one man show, then you owe it to yourself to listen to this podcast on The Magic Word.

I apologize for the rather poor sound quality of this podcast, but we had a poor Skype connection. The half hour you hear was extracted from nearly two hours of the two of us on Skype and my additional five hours of editing the podcast to give it the best quality without sacrificing the content.

Visit http://scottwellsmagic.posterous.com/ to listen online and view pictures and more. Or you can download it through iTunes with a little search in the Podcast store for "The Magic Word"
gfajuri
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of gfajuri
A note from Eric DeCamps:

Many of you already know that next weekend (October 19 -21, 2012) I am staging a new production of my one-man show, PURE MAGIC – A Performance of Contemporary Conjuring, in the great city of Chicago.

I just wante
d you all to know that I am the featured guest on this week's edition of iTricks Podcast Magic Week in Review (October 13, 2012). Along with Meir Yedid's MagicTimes, iTricks/MWiR is a great way to get up to the minute news on the Magic Industry.

The highlights of topics discussed are:

• The premier Chicago run of, “PURE MAGIC – A Performance of Contemporary Conjuring”

• A discussion of Chicago’s rich magic history

• Magical influences

• A healthy “discussion” of 2012 Summer’s blockbuster movies

You can either listen to the stream version or subscribe (its free) via iTunes. The latest edition of MWiR will be ready for download or listening on Saturday October 13, 2012 at http://itricks.com/news/2012/10/eric-dec......n-review or from the iTunes store.

If you don’t live in the Chicago area and can’t make it, please let your friends or family now about the show(s). We would love to have them join us. I guarantee they will thank you for it! ;-)

To order your tickets go to: http://www.potterauctions.com/events

Best,

Eric DeCamps
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
A quick reminder here, this show is great for all your non-magician friends in the area as well! I've invited a few
to attend as it is an opportunity for them to see a true master of the art. You could even treat them as it makes a great gift.Smile Help promote magic in an extremely positive way showing what levels it can attain. The success of this show could bring a return engagement or more magic entertainment of this caliber to our city. Spread the word to magicians and non-magicians alike and come on out! I'll be there with a few folks for the Saturday matinee.
gfajuri
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of gfajuri
Thanks, Tom. The stage is set and we are ready for this weekend's shows. Hope to see lots of smiling faces tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. Join us if you can - it's going to be a great weekend.

Here's a link to more info: http://www.potterauctions.com/events
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I wasn't able to make it out for the show, but I did the next best thing and bought 2 tickets for my sister and her girlfriend. She reported back to me that Eric did a wonderful job and it was nice to see close-up magic that "didn't use all card tricks." Hmmmm........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Eric DeCamps brings Pure Magic to Chicago (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL