The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Delurking and here is my “How I got into Magic” story. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric James
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Eric James
Hey guys. I thought I would finally take the plunge and register. I’m in my 30s and have only been doing magic for around 9 months. I like everyday object magic the best (tenyo flash dice and Chris Ballinger’s ‘Fraid Knot are my two favorites right now) but I also do some card stuff and am thinking about buying a beginner coin DVD.

Anyway here is how I got into magic. 2 Christmas’s ago I got my brother in law a magic trick as a present. He is not super into magic but I know he likes it as a hobby and it would be something he would enjoy.

But I didn’t know how it worked and it really bugged me.

So last Christmas I got him another Magic present. I thought it would be unethical to open it up and see how it worked before I gave it to him so I got duplicate copies for me and I’ve been doing magic ever since. I’m already more into magic than my brother in law ever was.
I’m still not at the point where I am performing for live audiences except for close friends and family. Even a lot of friends I have don’t know I do magic because I have a hard time saying “who wants to see a magic trick”. It seems so awkward! I’m betting a lot of people on this site have been doing magic so long that they don’t even remember what that’s like.

But anyway there is my delurking post. I’m from the state of Delaware in the US in case you were interested.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Eric,
I enjoyed reading your resume. Let me the first to welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 52.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Eric James,

Your curiosity did you a real favor.

Keep a list of the Magic you do with dates if you can.

Also write down things like: Afraid to initiate Magic and similar problems.
That way when you have been doing Magic so long that you've forgotten that feeling you'll have a little reminder of how far you've come.

-Mary Mowder
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Welcome to the Café.
Eric James
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Eric James
Thanks everyone!
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
215 Posts

Profile of milesart
Welcome on board, nice introduction! Good luck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Delurking and here is my “How I got into Magic” story. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL