The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » T.V. Spot this weekend. Three Questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
Need some quick advice/thoughts. I'm set to do 30 seconds on live TV and have a few questions for those of you that have been there/done that.

1. Do I play to the reporter or cameraman? I'm assuming I play to the reporter and ignore the cameras
2. Do I run through the effect with the reporter in advance and hope I get the same suprise reaction when we go live,...or even explain what's going to happen? Obviously I'd rather not and get a genuine reaction, but I'm not sure if I get any say it the matter.
3. Do I let the camaraman know when the climax will occur, or just hope he gets the shot? I realize that even getting a shot of the reporter's reaction will work, but would like to get the effect in as well. Trying to move everything up to chest level, to ensure all is in the frame.

Any advise, andecdotes or suggestions would be helpful.

Basically I'll be doing extreme burn (Changing 5 1's to 5 100's...and using patter about always wanting to be on TV and thinking I could bribe the reporter with the 5 ones, and realizing that 5 100's would work bettter. Still working on a final line, maybe while handing him one of the hundreds, or changing them back to ones I''ll say something along the lines of "since this is live TV. and I'm already on, I don't need to use the $100s after all.
If anyone can come up with a humorous line to end on that would be great too, or thoughts on where I'm going with my patter that would be great too.

So for all of you past and present TV stars...HELP
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
John, YES play to the reporter...NO Don't let him in on the trick beforehand, you want the reaction of he or she to play through and you could let the camera person know beforehand so they can work the best angles for you. Great questions, break a thread.

Robert
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
highcard
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of highcard
I've never performed on camera bet I'll bet it's harder to set up in some ways. Congratulations to you for the spot! I would love to hear how it went or have you done the spot yet?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » T.V. Spot this weekend. Three Questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL