The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Burning Connection by Andy Amyx (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Anyone have this to comment?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14692
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
Badly, need always put liquid on the card.
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
This has been my basic concern to this type of wallets. I do not know how long the card can stay wet as the liquid used drys off instantly. this is a great effect. and definitely a guarantee that they will keep your card. if there is anyone who could tell us how many minutes after you leave home you will need to refill this with liquid, it would be highly appreciated.

Harrismatic
magicmarkworldwide
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of magicmarkworldwide
Liquid?? The ad copy doesn't state this!? That's a shame, because it seems pretty cool too...

Was wondering, is it possible to produce other things, other than a business card? Paper money? Plastic credit card?? Can the liquid be applied to anything?

Hmmmmmmmm
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
I would not say that you should use other stuff. Just by looking the trailer you can see that the card gets "smokey" after the fire so you can imagine what would happen to money or the credit card. Furthermore, the business card is a great way to give away your data. Another possible use I could think would be to use a force card appear on fire.

P.S. I don't think that the liquid used is considered to be secret in magic. Most fire effects that do not use flash stuff, do use this liquid
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
The demo not only exposes it, but the way it is performed, it looks like how it is done...pulls the card out, looks where the flame is then lights it...i was interested after reading the write up, after seeing the demo...no thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
This looks exactly the same as something that Jim Pace put out a few years ago.

As for"liquid" if you put it on your cards when you get to the venue (in your car before you go in)and wait 5 mins before you use it, it will last for at least 2 hours maybe longer. As your cards are in the wallet this stop evaporation as the wallet is closed.

Be prepared though for people coming over to you just to ask for a card so they can see it burst into flames.

Mike Donoghue
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The product is hot leads and when you pull the card out it burst without having to do it like the demo

In fact isn't this almost a direct steal? Or cuz pace is in prison this can be made? Weird
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
magicmarkworldwide
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of magicmarkworldwide
Pace in prison? What have I missed?

Indeed, it does look very very similar. Can't the exact same thing be achieved with a flaming wallet once the cards are soaked in liquid? open, light, pull card through the flame? It does look cool...
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Anyone can tell us what's the different this one with Hot Leads ?
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Received my burning connection today.

I will give a short review after playing around with it.
My first thoughts are: it looks and feels great.

There is no need to watch where "the flame" is. You can light the card while you pull it out of the wallet.
What I am most interested in is how long the fluid will stay ready from applying to the moment of application.
AND how durable the material is after a road testing it a while.

I can imagine this is something you will only perform for the VIPs at a gig (regarding the preparation).
Its a "you need to go to the toilet preparation". Not complicated, also very fast but you want not to be seen when you do it of course.

But from what I've seen so far it looks great.
If it allows me to use it after 15min of performance I will surely love it. (if the material doesn't let me down)

all the best,
Martin
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
When it arrived there was a small hole in the leather at a certain point in the wallet.
I thought it could be there to reduce the pressure on the gimmick when the wallet is closed.
Now I believe it is a burn hole. anyways.
That was not a big problem for me as the unit worked really fine. I put some duct tape over it.

But a few minutes ago the plastic on/off switch broke off. Smile
I am now try to get my money back. One day in use and game over.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
ArtIn, do you think you got a bad one? David was glowing over the quality of the wallet and Wizard Product Review named it worker of the week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZLY-RO3240
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-09-14 00:54, Zombie Magic wrote:
ArtIn, do you think you got a bad one? David was glowing over the quality of the wallet and Wizard Product Review named it worker of the week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZLY-RO3240

Can never put full faith in WPR!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I like seeing the products showcased on WPR. But you do have to use your own instincts, criteria ( as they do for themselves ) in choosing magic. They didn't care for Chad Long's FLASH, which happens to be, hands down, one of the best things ever released.

Burning Connection looked really good on the show ( Craig wasn't too thrilled with the reset time and wouldn't use it, but Dave loved it ) so I'd like to know if the wallet is quality or all are like the one ArtIn got.

Anyone else have one to comment on?
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Hi Zombie Magic,

sorry for my late reply. Maybe I got a bad one. The effect itself is really good indeed.
The problem was strange as the plastic switch broke off and I've just used it one day.
You will get in big trouble if the switch breaks off while the unit is still heating up so I recommend any owner (just to take precautions against this) to be prepared with a needle or anything else to push the switch back, in case it breaks off.
Maybe other owners can say how their wallets work or if other people had the same problem.
The wallet material itself was also of good quality.

regards,
Martin
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Thanks ArtIn! I may just go with a fire wallet instead.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
You are welcome! that's also my plan.
another downside of burning connection is the smelling business card.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Ahh Man, Can't find any use for this, and it's got a thick layer of dust on it. Again, a nice idea... but really not very workable.

The product is just too, too much hassle. It's way too much heartache to have to soak business cards, carry lighter fluid, top them up etc etc.... I didn't think it would be, I thought I could handle it... but can't. The storage compartment doesn't really prevent evaporation, and after a while you end up getting fluid all over the plastic and wallet, and after a while it just catches fire and burns away... very messy.

Another problem, but just for me personally, is, my business cards are the same size as playing cards, and the wallet has no le-way for space - it's a real cram for me. It's also a big problem having to store the wallet in the OFF position... can be quite fiddly to change it when you pull it out.

Rather than give out business cards, by idea was to have my OLD credit card set on fire when I handed it to pay with. I did this by printing out a fake, cardboard back and sticking it to the card, and soaking that.... IT WORKED nice for a while, before it got a bit burned out... and, again, the pain of having to keep RESOAKING, REFILLING... oh god........

Such a shame, but, stick to my Flaming Wallet Instead.

I definitely think there is a market place though for 'FLAMING CREDIT CARD' if someone has the balls to attempt it.........
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
MagicBarMan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MagicBarMan
I have one and must say it is well thought out. It is a useful item. My one gripe is that the on/off switch is inadequate. It broke upon use the first day. I bought two and it has been working wonderfully. I'd recommend this item. While it is similar to Pace's idea it is a little different and definitely a modern upgrade.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Burning Connection by Andy Amyx (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL