The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Bitter Sweet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yesterday I got a phone call from 'Objective TV' offering me work on a new TV show but I was in Venice and my phone was off.
A good friend of mine who I used to do stage with got the gig.
I'm happy and, well, kinda crying?
So instead of being in London today, being hugged by Derren Brown, I was in Arbroath doing a talk and demo on hypno-stuff in a small hospital. Afterwards they gave me a voucher. Life ain't all bad y'know. Smile
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Tough break. I know the feeling - I moved house once, and went back to the old address to pick up mail three weeks later. There was an offer to write a book, but because I had not responded immediately, they went to the next man on the list, and I lost out. But if good things come your way once, they will come again.

And perhaps the guy who got the TV gig is posting on another forum and bemoaning his lack of a voucher.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
LOL Tony. I just went to use the voucher today and it was for..... a 'tenner'. How effing wonderful!!! Smile
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Shame Bob this could be your last chance at your age. But I admire your use of contacts... you just might get another go go... but who really cares most what mentalists have to do to get on tv these days is ****e I would rather pass. your mates last tv appearances were a joke teaching celebs tricks.. Some people will do anything just to get on tv. It was a pile of crap.. they will be hosting quiz shows next. And when magician's have to resort to exposure shows to get attention that's desperation.

So who cares? Stick to old fatties and smokers and retain your dignity. Or sell whats left of your old soul in order to come on here and brag with empty meaningless ****e....
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The other way to look at it is if they went for whoever they knew because your phone was switched off it just shows what value they placed on you. In other words anybody could do whatever they needed so long as they sucked c***
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Well I asked them why they didn't call you Brian and they said they'd never heard of you.
I think when it comes to "empty meaningless sh-te" the very few people who HAVE heard of you would know that:
you're the man who knows exactly what he's talking about.
Still searching for that elusive gig?
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
HAhaha

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
There y'go. And hypnokid like you more than anyone else n here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Life's funny. They've just been back on the phone. I fly down on Monday. Yippeeeee!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Cream rises. Turd sinks. Or floats. But then it looks lonely.
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well done bob..

Ant seems to spend an unhealthy time playing in the loo with his food. If it keeps him off the streets...
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2012-09-11 12:56, bobser wrote:
Well I asked them why they didn't call you Brian and they said they'd never heard of you.
I think when it comes to "empty meaningless sh-te" the very few people who HAVE heard of you would know that:
you're the man who knows exactly what he's talking about.
Still searching for that elusive gig?

I have no interest to do these sort of gigs. Its not my thing. I also have no need for a lot of people to hear about me. in fact in general I stay well away from "the community". I think that says more about you than it does me. Your years of keepiong in with your mates has paid off good luck with the gig. Seriously I hope you have a great time....and all the attention you can cope with...

I would hope they have heard of you by now Bob you hang around your two mates like a bad smell for years bumming them up in order to get your foot in. I'm surprised its took you so long..

And I am starting to get the sort of gigs I want to do.... they just aren't what you want to do..
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Positive. Big up to Bobser - hope it works out for you.

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Im just winding you up Bob...you wind me up enough... good luck..
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I know that Brian. No probs
And a hi 5 to Ant for the sh-te story. Megga!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Bitter Sweet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL