The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The magician's contract with the audience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Film is an illusion. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. Do not try to think outside the box for if you do you are in the box. Think instead that the box does not exist. Never watch the television!

Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Doing tricks with cameras or screens within the frame of the magic show (as David Copperfield did with "Portal") seems fair to me. I'm intersted in Jon's hypothetical(?)example with green screens used live: are the screens part of the effect or just theatrical dressing?
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The idea is tricks that use "black art" done in full light using green instead of black.
The video images shown on the large screens have the digital effect in place filtering out the green and replacing it with the appropriate background image.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
That sounds fair and very, very cool if done live.
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I wish anyone using this approach the best and I hope audiences enjoy such productions.
I don't recall seeing that visual realtime dual reality done before - so if it's novel - just kindly cite me as suggesting the basic production design.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
It would be a little different from most magic as we know it...
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
Michael Kamen
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakland, CA
1315 Posts

Profile of Michael Kamen
Michael Kamen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The magician's contract with the audience (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL