The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Making the jump from Q to B (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EvansFlorida
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of EvansFlorida
Anyone else make this jump? After working a lot more on larger projects and designs, I really love the extra length of the 360s and 660s that Betallatex gives. I am now looking at porting many of my standard colors over to B's so they match up perfectly. Has anyone else made this jump or debated it? Many of the colors as far as white, yellow, etc.. match up fine, but the choc browns, lime greens, and others don't.

Even after watching Buster's DVDs I realized I can make many of his sculptures with less balloons as the extra size really pays off. Has anyone else switched over? Did you keep your 260s in Q and just port your 250s and 646s over and they matched well enough?
You Never Knew The Impossible Could Be So Funny!
Family Events - www.EvansFlorida.com

Premiere Corporate Comedy Magic - www.ImpossiblyFunny.com
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Yeah and went back Q cost less.
Rock_Slatestone
View Profile
Regular user
Been Here A While But My Post Count Is
120 Posts

Profile of Rock_Slatestone
Why stick to just one brand? Mixing it up and having more options seems a better solution to me.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I don't like Bs at all. I don't like the feel of them at all and I don't like how they twist either. Plus they are more expensive. I do like the extra length but not enough for me to switch over from Qs. I'm a Q man!

In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
PaulFlury
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of PaulFlury
Believe if or not, back in the day, when Ashland ruled the twisting world with their 260A and 260E balloons, many people said they would never get used to those Qualatex guys. Their balloons are too thick it was said. You can't hardly blow the buggers up! Plus, their colors are dull.

I was a quick convert to Q and I’ve never looked back.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I have been twisting since the early 90s and have only heard of Bs and Qs. I find it interesting to learn of these other brands.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
PaulFlury
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of PaulFlury
Quote:
On 2012-09-30 19:00, Christopher Lyle wrote:
I have been twisting since the early 90s and have only heard of Bs and Qs. I find it interesting to learn of these other brands.

My introduction to balloon twisting was courtesy of that Grand Master Twister Emeritus himself Ralph Dewey. This was probably 1983. I saw him do a clinic at a place called the Texas Balloon Company somewhere in Deer Park, TX. I was off and running.

At the time, Ashland owned the balloon twisting space. They made two types of 260 balloons. The A was very thin, easy to blow up and they popped easily. The E was “double dipped,” harder to blow up but they popped less often. People often started with the A, to learn how to blow up a balloon, but switched to the E since they popped less. I twisted the A until I switched to Q. If you twisted A’s you developed soft hands or else and I seriously believe, to this date, it is the reason I pop fewer balloons than the usual.

I only remember the 8 or 10 colors in Q’s traditional assortment being available from Ashland, but it hardly mattered. Almost every twist was done with a single balloon.
EvansFlorida
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of EvansFlorida
Yeah, I use to say I was never jumping to B's, but some of their colors are great and it's good to have variety I guess. I'm sure I'll keep some of each. I'm just so use to my Qualatex names to be honest. Too lazy to learn that Blush is actually Toffee, etc... Honestly, I haven't seen much of a price difference. I order from La Rocks and they are virtually the same.
The only reason I looked at it initially is a couple batches of bad black from Q and I got frustrated. However, I got a bad batch of black B's too. Blacks just seem to be a bear to make across the board.

BTW, Chris, love the Gif!

DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
I've been using B's fuchsia ever since I attended a Twist and Shout in Dallas last year. I've discovered there hearts have a longer nozzle and they have some really neat clears with designs on them that I have used for several Baby Showers as rattles. They would be great at valentines day and weddings for designs also. The B's do have a different feel, but it didn't take long to get used to at all.

DAT
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
Chris, Q man, very funny, love the pic! Smile
Sick & Twisted
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Sick & Twisted
Still use Q with the occasional batch of B just to remind myself of what I'm missing. The extra length is great, but there is a texture issue for me. Since I started with Q, they just seem to "feel" better. *shrugs*
EvansFlorida
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of EvansFlorida
Yeah, B's hearts with their longer nozzle are useful for designs like owls, etc..

The colors like Fuschia and Lilac are the reasons I started looking at B's. A friend had them in his bag and I compared them at a convention and the colors really seemed to be ridiculously more vibrant. After that I couldn't go back to my Q Lilacs. I've also found their Bubble Gum Pink to be great, but I carry pretty much every shade of pink from Q to B.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Making the jump from Q to B (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL