The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Simple, easy to do: Card, ball and silk holders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Please, post pictures, ideas, videos of some easy to do at home card, ball and silk holders... If there are any... Smile

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Can't do that, it would be exposure of magic secrets.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
My Universal Utility Clip has been sold for over 35 years. Used by Irv Weiner, Jeff McBride and hundreds of others.
Use any search engine.
Universal Utility Clip
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
The Universal Utility Clip is good, but there are obviously more ways to skin the cat. Walk around Wal Mart, Office Depot, hardware stores, etc. and use your imagination. If you know what you want it to do, think about how it might be done, and then look for something that does that. Look for things that are made to hold other things. If you don't find exactly what you need, then think about how you might make one.

But since you are wanting resources, check Abbott's. Tip: Their old catalogs had more than the online site shows.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Does anybody know where you can get a card holder used by Lee Ang Hsuan in his Evolution of card manipulation?

RJH
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Simple clips, and there are many, have to pass some criteria. They can't mar the item, they must survive impact, and then there is the jump test. Of course, if its used by the stars of magic, then that is good too.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I don't have the Lee Ang Hsuan DVD so I of course do not know what he is recommending.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Tim Sonefelt has a great book on all kinds of holders call Hold It. He takes very simple everyday items and shows you how to make all kinds of holders; i.e. card, cane, candles, silks, etc. Cost is around $12.00 USD.

Here is the link for the book; http://www.timsonefelt.com/sonefelt_prod......d_holdit
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Thanks guys. I may just start trying to build some thing... If it work, I will use it. In couple of months I will do a magic act for local circus, so I just want some information of holders and stuff. Smile

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Thanks Bill! Great information. Smile

RJH
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That reference looks just like an Excelsior Paper Clip referenced in the other thread. Don't they have these paper clips in Asia?

Seems like a lot of extra work to make one from scratch. Yes, they must have them in Asia, as on EBay they are trying to sell an Excelsior Paper Clip as a ball and egg holder.

Jerry Andrus in his booklet Miser's Miracle describes how to make the Excelsior Paper Clip better for holding cards and coins.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Thanks Bill and Bojan.

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is a great full deck dropper:

http://www.52magic.com/index.php?gOo=goo......uctname=
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Simple, easy to do: Card, ball and silk holders (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL