The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic for Halloween (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2012-10-18 09:52, MagicianFromHades wrote:
Cool. I just ordered "Mark Wilson's Complete Course In Magic". Gets great reviews.

Add to that "The Amateur Magicians Handbook" by Henry Hay and you will be well on your way to doing some GREAT Magic.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
Sean Fields has three great tricks perfect for Halloween because they are gruesome. You can download them in time for Halloween and freak out children and adults. It's called Sickness Trilogy from Magicplace.com. Chris Angel performed one of these on his show.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Here is an effect that I performed for my parents a couple of yeasr ago.

Easy to construct and do by Halloween. PM me if you don't know "how."

GHOST WHITE

EFFECT: a paper sack is blown up and popped to make a loud “bang.” A second sack is shown and a rainbow silk dropped in. When the bag is popped this time all the color scatters to the four winds and only the ghostly white silk remains.

This is based on an idea from a 1959 Linking Rings.

PREPARATION: @#&+

EXECUTION: ##&*@

PATTER: When we were kids at Halloween we used to sneak up behind someone with a paper sack filled with air. “Bang” and everyone would jump. My grandma used to say, “You could scare the spots off of a leopard,” and my sister would go white as a ghost. She used to wear a colored scarf like a Gypsy – so I’ll place that into the bag. A couple of puffs and …

Yup! Still works. Ghost white and only a memory of color.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Well...

I guess this Hallowe'en won't happen. The weather made sure of that! The only people I know in this town have left for the holidays! I'm by myself. Smile

Oh well, guess I'll practice my Sponge Bats...

Doug
SheldonR
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of SheldonR
Quote:
On 2012-10-12 22:25, satellite23 wrote:
Last year, I did a trick where I showed a black deck of cards, explaining that black is the color of death (and so on with the story). I had the spectator select a card, memorize it, and replace it. Then, I magically changed the deck back to red...the color of blood. However, the spectator chose the most deathly card, as it turns out to be the only black card in the entire deck.

Just a thought Smile

That is a really cool trick and definitely very appropriate for Halloween.

Dougini, sorry to hear you have been deserted. A lot of people had to cancel Halloween plans this year. Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Haunted deck for sure.
todd
bigcheese
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, CA
56 Posts

Profile of bigcheese
Quote:
On 2012-10-16 11:37, syko159 wrote:
Haunted deck is good, or any sort of levitation routine. Just make sure to have a story surrounding it to make it seem more supernatural. It's not longer just a magic show, it's a performance. Also, use cool props to change things up for the holiday (large cylinders with water and dry ice for example)

I really like this idea, and agree a story is crucial to making the event more fun. I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone's Halloween magic tricks went down.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic for Halloween (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL