The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimble magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nutz4Tutz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nutz4Tutz
I know this has probably been asked before, so I apologize in advance. Where can I find, what you would think is, the best thimble routine for strolling?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This is not the strolling magic section, it is in the section above this one. So I would not know, but I believe, thimbles is not the best choice for stolling magic, because of spectators being behind you.

There is a few moves you can do, just buy a good thimble book like Thimble Dexterity by Joe Mogar, it is available in DVD and book form.
Nutz4Tutz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nutz4Tutz
Yeah I asked it here for the finger manipulation. Even if it's a stage routine, I can add my own tweaks for a smaller angle sensitive audience.

That book reference is exactly like what I was looking for. Thank you Bill.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just checked Joe Mogar's website and the book is sold out, it still may be available from some magic shops, on shelf. If not you could Google for a used copy. As I remember is was kind of expensive, in the $60 range.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Jeff McBride has a 3 dvd series (L&L) on "coins, balls and thimbles" that has a number of excellent routines. Also check out "automatic thimbles" by Steve Sheraton. pm Pete Biro, a Café member, who has a thimble routine all his own! have fun. I love thimbles. Lynn
Nutz4Tutz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nutz4Tutz
Thank you both! $60 is not expensive for knowledge that last a lifetime Smile Knowledge is priceless. Yeah Lynn, I have always been your basic coin, card, close up type of guy. Then I was watching Shoot Ogawa perform his thimble routine in Cultural Exchange and just fell in love. Such a great unusual bit of magic.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Shoot Ogawa has a DVD of his Thimble material.

This is his DVD with thimbles.

http://www.shootogawa.com/pro/thimbles.html

This is Shoot's DVD only.

http://www.shootogawa.com/pro/thimble.html

This is the best type of thimbles to use.

http://www.my-magicshop.com/buy-magic/8-thimble-magic.php
Nutz4Tutz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nutz4Tutz
Wow, thanks Bill for taking the time to locate that for me. I really appreciate it. Thanks for your contribution and work to this forum for newbies like me Smile
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
John Ramsay's thimble magic was designed exclusively for close up work. I'd suggest you have a look at The Ramsay Classics, The Ramsay Legend, and Ramsay Finale, which may have been incorporated into one book by now(?) Also, the Rosini Thimble routine from the Dai Vernon Book of Magic was used by Mike Skinner tableside.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimble magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL