The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Commercial Classics DVDs with Johnny Thompson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RINO
View Profile
New user
Poland
38 Posts

Profile of RINO
Commercial Classics DVDs with Johnny Thompson 4 volume set.

Anyone have it and can say something about it?
Where I can see demo?
Greetings from Poland
P.S. Sorry for my English Smile
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
This is GREAT ! It is about as close as you can get to stars of magic on DVD!

Not sure about a demo.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
This is one of the best instructional video/DVD series on the market. The title of the series is fully justified: these are really commercial classics of magic, practical and powerful routines for real world audiences. You'll find a great variety of effects with different everyday objects like cards, coins, balls, knifes, sugar cubes etc. John Thompson does a very fine job and explains everything clearly and thoroughly.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
LOVED THEM! I cannot say enough about Johnny Thompson as a performer or instructor! These are, without a doubt, some of the best videos on the market.

Get them - at any price!
William Holcomb
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
They are the bee's knees. Thompson is one of the greatest all around "general practitioners" of magic alive. You should get them and study them. All "real working stuff" for pro entertainers.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I can't add much to what has already been said, but I do agree with it. It is a true pleasure just to watch Johnny work, and all those people who say that the material from yesteryear won't "play" for today's audiences need a healthy dose of Thompson!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
I'll second that, especially the word commercial. They are as it says 'Commercial Classics'. These are commercial items invaluable to any performer. You know a magician should know some classic stuff and these are it. don't interpret wrongly, although they are classics, they are as good to fool any lay audience!

The only drawback, if I may term it as a drawback, is that I find Johny's explanation a bit too fast sometimes. Or perhaps I am the slow myself. Other than that, you should get it.
RINO
View Profile
New user
Poland
38 Posts

Profile of RINO
Thanks a lot for reviewing.
I understandthat on this DVDs is practical and profesional material.
Greetings from Poland
P.S. Sorry for my English Smile
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Sorry to revive a really old post, but I watched these recently, they are DYNAMITE!

You can pick them up really cheap at the moment as downloads from http://www.bigblindmedia.com/johnny-thom......wnloads/
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yes! I had the VHS tapes and my player broke... Bought the downloads. They ROCK! One of the best videos of all time. Johnny knows the classics and teaches them extremely well.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Commercial Classics DVDs with Johnny Thompson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL