The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mirror Board (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
My, beautiful 'Reading Board' from Stephen Young, at http://www.thoughtillusions.com arrived today!
This is a "Mirror Board", all the numbers and letters are reversed! This will make it easier for the Spirits on the other side to make contact!
Stephen,did a wonderful job on the Board,and did a great packing, to ship from the Netherlands to the USA! It arrived unharmed! The board was packaged with a wrapping cloth of material,big enough to make a sheet for a small bed! Smile
The board was framed,and packaged with the greatest of care!
A little backstory from the board,just a teaser...The board was a bottom of a drawer,she had to be hid,from the Lord of the Manor..

Check out Steve's work,at above link!

I can not explain how beautiful, the 'Mirror Board' is ! Or, fully explain all of her, Dark History!

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
That's a great idea (the mirror board) and it could be expanded upon if the Spirits themselves were to make the letters and numbers appear on the board is if burning the wood from the "other side". That would be a lot of work, but it might be accomplished by combining plain wood slates (old fashioned house shingles) upon which messages are founded burned. Suppose you started with showing some shingles torn from a haunted house that have some mysterious burns, and some which are plain on the undersides. Suddenly there is the smell of burning wood and smoke begins to issue from beneath one of the shingles. You act as if the shingle is burning hot when you pick it up and turn it over to show a message burned into it with mirrored letters. You then hit on the idea of making it easier for the spirits to communicate than by burning messages and request that they make a "keyboard" with which you can communicate, and it is then that several pieces of blank wood shingles are placed into a frame, upon which eventually is burned the reverse mirror board and the reading proceeds by means of a planchette that the spirits move to communicate from the other side. I don't know if I would end by having all the spirit wood burnings disappear, or leave them there but it provides some ideas for a new experience in the seance room.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Can ya let us catch a gander, Gary?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
If you go to Steve's site,and click on his reading boards,go down,there is a drawing of a mirror board.
You can click on the drawing and see a picture of a mirror board finished!
If you PM me a email,I can send you a picture of Peter Turner,holding my board,when he was there with Steve!
Prolly,should not post that on Café,without consent!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Thanks Godzy

Glad it arrived OK
I wonder what your customs people thought of it.
For the customs form I described it as a "board game"

Here's a photo of the actual board just before it left if anyone is interested.
http://www.thoughtillusions.com/gallery3.html

Each one is custom made so the border text for example, can be whatever the customer wishes.
Colours can be incorporated. Or specific emblems,sigils etc.
The layout of the letters has been re-thought, though if prefered a more standard layout can be supplied

Feel free to email me with any questions
Steve
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Like this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZntJQESm1CI

Reversed!!!! Around 3:20
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I was worried about customs,a little too!

If they did open her,they had a hell of a Job,unwrapping her from the material wrap you added! lol

Thanks,so much for taking such good care,to get her to me,without damage! This was a pretty large package,to get here from the, Netherlands!

Gary
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 02:18, Slim King wrote:
Like this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZntJQESm1CI

Reversed!!!! Around 3:20

Something like that,Slim! Steve, added a link,so you can see the board!
The letters and numbers are reversed,to make the spirits be able to read straight on,from the other side!
We still have to place the order correctly on this side,also the board has half of the letters facing down one side,and the other half are facing down the other! This will allow,readers on either side of board to be able to see the reverse face on! This,also will make the users of board,not easily make a false pull of the planchette,to a desired letter or number! Want it real! Smile
No real mirror is used,another participant can write down the letters,as they are reached! This is all done by the sitters,the performer is only there to help guide!
Did I say, I wanted it real,Just in case...I want it real! Smile
This was not a copy off of Jim,Reversed reading in mirrors,have been arround for ages!
No,Criss Angel...Either! LOL
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Remember...redrum ? From a little movie with,Jack! Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yep ..I was just at that location in Oregon shooting an opening for my new release ..REDRUM REDRUM in the HooDoo Box!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Slim,Good luck with your new release... "REDRUM REDRUM" !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mirror Board (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL