The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Skillbet.com. New legal US Poker Website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
A new poker website called skillbet.com is evidently legal in the US. It adds skill to a game that has a lot of skill anyway.

The way it works is, you and I are dealt the same hand and we both play against the same five computer opponents. If I win $10 with ace-queen of clubs and you win $15 with ace-queen of clubs, then you out-played me to the tune of $5 and I play you $5. Then we go on to the next hand.

There is a video on the website that explains the game for those who may have an interest. Go to https://www.skillbet.com/.
jackouille07
View Profile
Regular user
France
110 Posts

Profile of jackouille07
Interesting concept, we play against same computer opponents, does it mean that if you and me play the hand in the same manner the opponent will take the same decicsions? Yes.
But if we play in a different manner the same hand, computer will take different decisions on both side, so how to be sure the computer will not advantage a player more than another? I Don't know if you understand what I try to mean.

Now the goal is to collude with the computer. You and the computer against the sucker.
;)
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
They are saying that its a game of skill making it legal in the U.S. then what the hell is poker?? They also seem to accept paypal...I don't get it....
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Can this be hooked up to software? technically if its skill, then you can get the software to play each hand perfectly.... am I making sense?
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Poker is a game of chance “and” skill according to the law. One must remove the element of chance to alter that legal posisition, not add more skill to it, as that by law changes nothing and matters not a jot. IMHO

I don't agree with the law on it mind you.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MyLastGamble
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of MyLastGamble
Just an FYI for all you poker fans, the federal government is allowing PokerStsrs, and I'm assuming other poker sites, to apply for Internet Poker Licenses. This doesn't mean the federal government will approve these licenses however it is a step in the right direction. I don't know the full story about why these sites were shut down, but if the goverment has to regulate these sites an set up restrictions I wouldn't mind as long as I could play the game I enjoy without someone going all in every hand because it is play money. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Skillbet.com. New legal US Poker Website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL