The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New from Labco Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Check out the newest innovation from Labco Magic in their recent newsletter: http://www.labco.dk/ufobuttons/index.html Great idea to use crowdfunding as part of product development.

Looking forward to see the final result. It makes a lot of sense to use buttons along with the UFO
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
There can be lot of other possibilities with those little colored buttons. But why such a high price tag for the RFID buttons?

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Wasn't Lab Co. the company Rudy Coby had in his TV specials?
Official Thread Killer
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
There's no connection between Rudy's "Labman" and Labco (except the letters 'lab' Smile
As for the price, it's the production price that drives the majority of the retail price. These will be custom made, and not just an existing product with a tag (as far as I know - I'm not involved in making these)
nk
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of nk
The reason why the price is so high is that there will be made ​​a special mold for the button. The button consists of 2 shells, molded in plastic and fits perfectly on a round RFID chip. There will be the 4 normal holes in the button which helps to create the illusion that nothing can be hidden in it.

Take a look at the pictures, especially the one of the button in a 3D print. You´ll see, that this is custom made indeed...

http://www.labco.dk/ufobuttons/index.html

Kind regards

Niels from Labco Magic
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Thanks for clarifying the pricing.

And as I had mentioned in my previous post, a lot more can be achieved with these little buttons. One's imagination will be the only limiting factor.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Half a year ago I saw the buttons advertized and now I finally got a set. It was definitely worth the wait. The innocent looking buttons are colorful and the range is superb. I really like the fact that they are state of the art gimmmicks, while maintaining a cheap, lightweight, plastic appearance - just like you would expect from a button.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New from Labco Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL