The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Can Anyone Identify This Illusion? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
This illusion came in a purchase of items left in a storage facility. I don't recognize it nor do I know who built it. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near where this illusion is so I can't examine it to see if I can figure it out. Anyone know what this illusion is and who the builder is?

Thanks,
Michael
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Almost looks like a Malloy prop...
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Someone mentioned it looked somewhat like Malloy's Mini Spiker on the Surplus Magic Exchange Talk Group but it's not that. I might just contact Doug to see if he recognizes it.
Patrick Miller
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Patrick Miller
It's not Malloy's Mini Spiker.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-21 22:09, Patrick Miller wrote:
It's not Malloy's Mini Spiker.

Thank you but I already stated that.
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
Color Changing Hankerchief.
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
hocuspocusjay23
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of hocuspocusjay23
I am not for sure what is is, however it does look interesting. Good luck

Dinky Gowen
Frankie
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of Frankie
Perhaps another version of Crystal Casket (from Owen Magic)?
“Magic is the only honest profession. A magician promises to deceive you and he does.”
Craig Dickens
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickens
I have a theory on it. Could be a B.A. crystal box like Frankie suggested. Might work like this- girl inside covered with velvet. Front of box opened to show empty. Cloth thrown over top and exposed front ( reaching into top slot) performer grabs both cloths and pulls--girl appears. Top removed and sides drop to fully show girl. Maybe??
e-mail at:magicaldickens@aol.com
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Ooooo.....Craig! I like that!

B
AlbertoGiorgi
View Profile
New user
Italy
56 Posts

Profile of AlbertoGiorgi
Craig; If it's not like you say your idea is anyhow very interesting. The big Hole on the top is perfect to remove the BA cloth. I think you have got the point!
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
150 Posts

Profile of Murray Hatfield
Here's another thought. There is an illusion that I saw years ago where the performer had a large box onstage that opened to reveal a large plexi dice (or Die) inside. The Die was covered with a cloth. When it was whipped away the Die was gone and there was a dog inside the plexi cube.

The Die was actually a foam die that fit tightly into the plexi cube. The foam had some structure and the plexi cube helped it to hold it's shape. The sheen of the plexi made the foam Die look solid and "plastic". Hole in the top of the plexi cube allowed the performer to grab and pull the foam out of the box (under cover of the cloth), revealing the dog (large) inside.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Murry Yes that is what I was thinking of as well however I believe it was just a spandex type cloth that was printed to look like a die and the plexi glass is what held its shape. then when the cloth was thrown over and whipped away you stole the "die" cloth as well.

I have a small version of this trick. have been toying with making a stage size one to produce my daughter or what ever I wanted.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

That makes sense. Chalet Magic used to make a small one like Sam described. I'll see if they can find cloth with the spots on it.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Interesting ... I think Craig is right on track here. It doesn't appear to have any type of base at all so, the only other option would be using B/A for an appearance.

Steve
martialartsmagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of martialartsmagic
Part of a Million Dollar Mystery??

Paul.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bob Kline made the Die to Dove(s) plexiglas box.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Can Anyone Identify This Illusion? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL